Resume writing is a task all of us come across at some point in our careers.
Whether you are a recent graduate seeking work, a professional looking for a better job, or an individual returning to the workforce after a break of a few years, nothing changes the fact that you need a resume to apply for a job.
Effective resumes are short, crisp, and easy to read, focusing on only the job-relevant skills.
Below is a clothing sales associate resume sample for further guidance in this regard.
Sample Resume for Clothing Sales Associate Position
110 Waterfall Avenue, Chicago, IL
jake . garrison @ email . com
CLOTHING SALES ASSOCIATE
Highly enthusiastic, versatile, and persuasive clothing sales associate, an expert in product display, customer assistance, and payment processing. A results-driven individual with a track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets through the demonstration of high-quality customer care services. Profound interpersonal skills; apt at making informed recommendations to customers regarding apparel selection. Fluent in English and Spanish
– Customer Assistance – Stock Replenishment
– Merchandise Display – Complaint Processing
– Price Tagging – Sales Inventory Keeping
– Credit Card Charging – Bill Processing
– Refund/Replacement – Cash Balancing
– Store Opening/Closing – ISO 9001
Clothing Sales Associate
OUTFITTERS, Chicago, IL
(Nov 2013 – Present)
• Maintain updated knowledge regarding various articles’ features and specifications
• Direct customers to the try room for size checking
• Guide the customers regarding size details and measure the clothes for them upon request
• Assess the customers’ needs and make relevant suggestions
• Create visually appealing product displays
• Upsell products by effectively using client base
• Upsold a relatively less sold dress design by creating beautiful displays and actively promoting the same, increased sales by $20000 per quarter.
• Enhanced overall clientele by 30% through demonstration of high-quality customer service care and productive utilization of customer referral base.
• Earned ‘Employee of the Month’ thrice in 2021 based on excellent job performance and customer service conduct.
Retail Sales Associate
THE DRESS SHOP, Chicago, IL
(May 2011 – Oct 2013)
• Calculated applicable discounts and generated bills
• Issued loyalty cards and concession vouchers to regular customers
• Maintained the floor in neat and clean condition
• Ensured all items are nicely displayed and properly price tagged
• Packed the purchased items carefully and thanked the customers
• Charged credit cards and collected cash payments upon purchase
Associate’s Degree in Clothing and Textile
ABC Community College, Chicago, IL
• MS Word and Excel
• Retail Software
• Social Media Marketing