Waiters are usually the first people customers meet when they enter a restaurant. They are expected to portray a positive image of the establishment to the customers to ensure recurring business. Waiters greet customers, seat them and present menus and take orders. They also deliver orders after ensuring quality, quantity and accuracy of the order and take payments as well.
In order to build a great resume for an entry level position in the food service and hospitality industry, you need to pay special attention to the content and sections of your resume. The reason is simple; the food service industry employs the candidates who possess exceptional hospitality skills and capabilities. Therefore, it is in your best interest to write something special than can set yourself apart from the rest of applicants.
If you are applying for an entry level position as a waiter, you may get ideas from the following resume sample to build your own resume.
See also: Waitress Resume with No Experience
Sample Waiter Resume with No Experience
774 Mountain Road | Santa Fe, NM 71012 | (009) 900-9999 | phillip @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a waiter with Santa Hospitality. Offers exceptional hospitality skills and knowledge of food and beverage service to increase the ratio of recurring customers.
• Through understanding of providing first-tier services to restaurant patrons
• Special talent for explaining menu items and performing suggestive selling
• In-depth knowledge of checking orders for accuracy and quality prior to delivery
• Conversant with maximizing revenue through appropriate upselling methods
• Articulate and alert with great capacity to take and deliver multiple orders simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
• Familiar with food quality control procedures
• Exceptional communication skills
• Courteous individual who is able to take initiative
• Well-versed with hygiene and sanitation standards
Diploma: CITY SCHOOL, Santa Fe, NM – 2013
Café Assistant – CITY SCHOOL’s Canteen, Santa Fe, NM Summer 2013
• Took and delivered orders to students in the cafeteria
• Washed dishes and cleaned tables
• Managed inventory and food stocks
• Ordered food supplies when needed
• Performed cashiering tasks
• Volunteered services for the Christian Hospital in the summers of 2011 and 2012
• Provided volunteer services for Hilltop Animal Shelter
• Acted as Big Brother as part of community service on an ongoing basis
• Captain of the school football team
• President of the school book club
• President of the drama club