Waiters are mostly the first contact of customers as they enter in a hospitality setting.
They welcome customers, seat them and take orders, and ensure that customers felt comfortable and served in a manner that portrays excellent hospitality and customer services.
Waiters are also expected to calculate bills, present them to customers and take payment through cash/credit cards which is why they need to possess excellent mathematical skills.
Waiters need to be especially vigilant when building their resumes as they work in an industry that does not tolerate negligence.
Therefore, skills in food service are adequately highlighted in a resume for a waiter job.
Below is a resume sample that highlights a waiter’s experience and qualifications in the foodservice industry.
If you have less or no experience, you may use this entry level waiter resume sample.
Waiter Resume Example
170 Mark Avenue | Gallup, NM 77999 | (000) 790-4158 | hugh @ email . com
❖❖ WAITER ❖❖
Well-organized, disciplined and dependable – the consummate hospitality professional.
16+ years’ track record of success managing a large volume of guests and handling stressful situations in fast-paced hospitality environments. Communicate clearly and positively with customers to facilitate perfect order placement. Particularly effective in mixing and serving beverages. A team player who enjoys working with hospitality staff to attain the goals collaboratively. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|✓ Guest reception||✓ Table setting||✓ Safe food handling|
|✓ Making suggestions||✓ Taking/relaying orders||✓ Work area cleanliness|
|✓ Answering questions||✓ Payment collection||✓ Sales record maintenance|
Panini, Gallup, NM | 2006 – Present
• Welcome guests and seat them in keeping with their preferences
• Offer menus and provide suggestions when requested
• Serve welcome drinks
• Take orders and relay to the kitchen in an accurate manner
• Ensure order accuracy before delivery to the customer
• Deliver orders and ask for feedback during and after meals
• Mix and serve drinks as requested
• Provide customers with information on daily specials
• Explain how menu items are prepared when requested
• Remove dishes and ensure that tables are bussed appropriately
• Prepare and serve special dishes on the table when needed
• Developed recurring business constantly by maintaining meaningful relationships with restaurant patrons.
• Increased restaurant patronage by 22% by ensuring that customers’ expectations were exceeded continuously.
Jeremy Restaurant – Brandywine, MD | 2002 – 2006
• Served welcome drinks and other beverages
• Laid tables with dishware, flatware, and tablecloths
• Cleared and cleaned tables on an ongoing basis
• Carried soiled dishes to the kitchen
• Assisted in washing dishes when required
• Managed 17 hour long shifts without making mistakes or appearing tired
• Attained Employee of the Year award in 2011
St. Mary’s High School – Brandywine, MD | 2001
“I am detail-oriented and passionate, always.”
Excellent professional references available