Registered Nurses are accountable for providing professional nursing care compliant with the Nurse Practice Act. They have to work in cooperation with the physician’s medical plan, and to implement the objectives and the policies of the healthcare facility.
In your RN resume, highlight your key skills and qualifications on the top of your resume to support your job goal at the very beginning. This can either be made in paragraph form or a bullet list. Use action verbs and find keywords and buzzwords in the job announcement to utilize them in your phrases. This is your time to boast regarding your best qualities relating to employer’s requirements.
Following are some sample bullet statements which might be used either in skills or summary of qualifications section of your resume. Select only 4-5 phrases for your resume which best match the job description given in the advertisement.
RN Resume Skills and Qualifications
• Highly skilled in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, coordinating, and managing patient care in keeping with facility and hospital standards
• In-depth knowledge of communicating and collaborating with patients, family members, physicians and other health care professionals in achieving quality in patient care
• Thorough understanding of assessing patients to recognize suitable nursing interventions
• Comprehensive knowledge of providing efficient patient care
• Able to handle serious situations in a opportune and safe manner
• Substantial knowledge of administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician
• Knowledge of assisting in surgery and other medical procedures
• Hands-on experience in recognizing the existence of intellectual differences and utilizing proper resources obtainable throughout the Hospital
• Able to respond to the requirements of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and elderly patient, family members and visitors
• Well versed in delegating appropriate assignments to LPNs and unlicensed workers
• Able to make the most of leadership skills to efficiently direct other nursing staff
• Technically sound in all psychomotor interventions when administering care to patients
• Hands-on experience in handling diagnostic and imaging equipment
• Demonstrated ability to train and counsel new nurses
• Proven leadership skills in team communications to create a consistent and productive environment
• Working knowledge of healthcare software including Electronic Health Record (EHR)
• Extremely proficient in entering, accessing, and retrieving patient data, and creating customized reports