Registered Nurses are accountable for providing professional nursing care to patients compliant with the Nurse Practice Act. They have to work in cooperation with the physician’s medical plan, and to implement the objectives and the policies of the healthcare facility.
In your RN resume, highlight your key skills and qualifications on the top of your resume to support your job goal at the very beginning. This can either be made in paragraph form or a bullet list. Use action verbs and find keywords and buzzwords in the RN job description provided by prospective employer and utilize them in your phrases. This is your time to boast regarding your best qualities relating to employer’s requirements.
Following is a list of necessary skills and qualifications of a Registered Nurse in bullet form. These statements might be used either in skills or summary of qualifications section of your resume. Select only 4-5 phrases for your resume which best match the job description given in the advertisement.
• Highly skilled in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, coordinating, and managing patient care in keeping with facility and hospital standards
• In-depth knowledge of communicating and collaborating with patients, families, physicians and other health care professionals in achieving quality in patient care
• Thorough understanding of assessing patients to recognize suitable nursing interventions
• Solid track record of providing exceptional patient care
• Able to handle emergency situations in a opportune and safe manner
• Well-versed in administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician
• Particularly effective in assisting physicians and healthcare professionals during surgery and other medical procedures
• Competent at recognizing the existence of intellectual differences and utilizing proper resources obtainable throughout the Hospital
• Able to respond to the requirements of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and elderly patient, family members and visitors
• Well versed in delegating appropriate assignments to LPNs, CNAs and unlicensed workers
• Able to make the most of leadership skills to efficiently direct other nursing staff
• Technically sound in all psychomotor interventions when administering care to patients
• Hands-on experience in handling diagnostic and imaging equipment
• Demonstrated ability to train and counsel new nurses
• Proven team-building abilities to create a consistent and productive environment
• Working knowledge of healthcare software including Electronic Health Record (EHR)
• Extremely proficient in entering, accessing, and retrieving patient data, and creating customized reports