One of the most important elements of a job application for Pediatric ICU Registered Nurse is your resume.
When making or updating your resume, it is very important to tailor it per specific needs of the prospective healthcare facility.
You can do so by adding the necessary experience and qualifications required by the employer.
In addition, you should highlight your critical thinking acumen and communication skills to catch the eye of the recruiter.
The following sample resume for the position of Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse will guide you in your resume writing process.
Pediatric ICU Registered Nurse Resume Sample
145 Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 90840
sophie312 @ email .com
Eager to provide exceptional nursing care to children.
Proactive, patient-centered Pediatrics Intensive Care Registered Nurse with 7+ years’ experience in dynamic hospital settings. Proficient in handling emergencies and corresponding with the hospital staff. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling confidential filing, treatment referrals and providing high-quality care. Exceptionally skilled in creating affinity with children of all ages, family, staff, and managers.
|– Therapeutic relations||– Emergency handling||– Decisions making|
|– Treatment referrals||– Family education||– Preparing care plans|
|– Behavioral observation||– Vitals/sugar test||– Interpreting lab results|
- Provided a flexible workforce to complement the inpatient nursing unit
- Assisted physicians in diagnostic treatments and perform diagnostic procedures
- Organized patient care plans which increased the department’s efficiency by 50%
- Managed life support equipment and IV administration of fluids, medications
Pediatrics ICU RN
Tampa General Hospital, Florida, CA 2/2011 to Present
• Observe patient behavior and symptoms and reporting directly to on-call physicians
• Treat critical child patients with personal affection and comfort while supporting parents
• Supervise life equipment and deal with IV administration fluids and other medications
• Keep a check on supplies and reporting any type of malfunctioning immediately
• Handle emergency cases and managing treatment referrals and records
Baptist Medical Center, Helena, MT 3/2008 – 12/2011
• Tested and documented vital signs including temperature, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels
• Provided nursing assistance on ICU and surgical floors
• Observed patient and reported any changes immediately to the doctor
• Assisted patients in daily tasks such as food intake and hygiene
• Collaborated with doctor’s orders and interdisciplinary team
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 2006
BLS, PALS, ACLS, TNCC
Member: National Board of Registered Nurses