On a nanny resume or CV, skills and qualifications section is the most important one because it will determine your eligibility for the position. For this reason we have provided you with a number of skills and qualifications statements for a nanny resume. You may add these either in skills or qualifications section and keep this part on the top of your resume.
This category might also be called as strengths, capabilities, or professional profile. Your skills and qualifications statements should be brief, exact phrases about what you can do. Draw from your past work experience and education, keeping in mind the characteristics of the nanny position you hope to fill.
You need to pick 5 or 6 from the following phrases which are most relevant to employer’s requirements.
Qualifications and Skills for Nanny Resume
• Able to give detailed and accurate care to newborns, toddlers and young adults
• Comprehensive knowledge of preparing bottles for babies and care for feeding equipment
• Thorough understanding of dressing children appropriate to the activity
• Highly skilled in washing and ironing children’s clothes
• In-depth knowledge of shopping for children’s requirements
• Proven record of transporting children to school and other activities
• Able to arrange appropriate educational and physical activities for children
• Proven ability of reading to and with the children and helping with homework
• Effective housekeeping and errands running skills
• Hands-on experience in all aspects of preparing meals and snacks for the children
• Excellent skills in planning and supervising meals for children
• Able to change diapers and bathe babies
• In-depth knowledge of scheduling and coordinating children’s activities
• Proven ability to cleaning and washing up after children’s meals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and careful—high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Skilled in MS Word and Excel