An order picker cover letter is a one-page document that is usually required to accompany a resume or job application. It introduces your past experiences and skills relevant to order picking.
Order Picker Cover Letter Writing Tips
1. Customize your cover letter as per requirements of the employer.
2. Review the order picker job description in detail, then customize your letter accordingly.
3. Add your most relevant skills as an order picker.
4. Reduce your cover letter length to one page.
5. Spell-check and proofread it – have your cover letter reviewed by a friend or professional in order to check for grammar or spelling errors.
The following example will assist you in this regard.
Order Picker Cover Letter Example
January 22, 2020
Ms. Sara Smith,
Department of Human Resources
7 W. Main Blvd. Suite 76
Grove City, OH 21410
Re: Order Picker (Job ID: IRC2585)
Dear Ms. Smith:
As an energetic Order Picker, I am very interested in joining the team of your warehouse. My exceptional physical stamina and working knowledge of pallet jack, coupled with one year of experience in a warehouse setting make me a good contender.
My experiences with ABC Company has allowed me to develop several professional skills which are highly relevant to your requirements. For instance:
– Operating forklift and other power equipment in order to pick and drop orders.
– Maintaining the quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
– Replenishing active pick locations to ensure that pick tickets are filled.
– Picking customer orders from inventory stock.
– Counting cartons or containers to crosscheck customer orders and validating accurateness.
Besides the warehouse work, I have excellent customer service skills and high attention to detail. The enclosed resume details my qualifications and skills which are suitable to your needs.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss more about my skills and how I can be an asset to you in the role of an order picker. I will call you in the week of February 1 to follow-up, and to answer any questions regarding my candidacy. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at 000.323.2125.
Thank you for taking out the time and consideration.