Janitors, housekeepers and custodians are usually required in schools, government buildings, hospitals, businesses and hotels to keep them clean, safe and organized. They are responsible for performing overall cleaning and maintenance of assigned area. Exact tasks of a janitor are not definite, for that reason, these professionals must be flexible in performing assigned duties.
In order to be considered for a janitorial position at any organization, you will require making a resume along with a Janitorial Cover Letter that details your key qualifications and relevant professional background in a logical manner. Both of these documents must not exceed one page in length.
The following resume sample of janitor highlights accomplishments, experience and qualifications of the candidate, and shows the reader what you offer the company. This resume is written in a chronological format containing effective bullet points.
548 Example Street, Piscataway, NJ 08555
(999) 999-7777, [Email Address]
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a challenging position as a Janitor making the most of cleaning and housekeeping skills.
• More than 7 years’ experience as a cleaner and janitor
• Highly skilled in cleaning and sanitizing work area in timely fashion
• In-depth knowledge of operating different kinds of cleaning machines
• Particularly effective in ensuring proper usage of supplies and equipment
• Demonstrated ability to follow all safety and personnel rules and regulations
• Perform all kinds of basic cleaning tasks
• Restock toilet tissues and remove waste tissues/paper
• Refill dispensers and empty trash
• Sweep and mop floors and dust furniture
• Vacuum carpets and rugs in rooms, lobbies and corridors
• Empty and clean ashtrays as well as waste receptacles
• Designed and implemented new methods of cleaning reducing overhead costs by 30%
• Cleaner of the Month Award – January 2013, March 2014
• Emptied, cleaned all waste containers and removed waste paper and garbage
• Vacuumed all rugs and carpeted areas in offices, lobbies and corridors
• Washed, cleaned and disinfected water coolers and air conditioners
• Cleaned entry door glass from inside and outside
• Wiped clean all office furniture and fixtures
• Damped wipe and polished all glass furniture tops
• Good communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple cleaning tasks simultaneously
• Proven ability to work with other crew members
• Able to perform all physical aspects of the janitorial job
• Record of cleaning upto 1500 square feet per hour
REFERENCES: Available on request