A well-written and targeted resume for a truck driver job is the key of a successful job hunt. See the following guidelines and resume sample which will help you build a great resume.
● As hiring managers spend only 15 – 20 seconds to scrutinize a resume and decide whether it deserves additional consideration. Therefore, you must write attractive bullet points and align them with the needs of prospective company.
● Use simple and meaningful phrases and words.
● Eliminate any irrelevant or worthless information.
● Describe your strong points using relevant keywords.
● Use bullets instead of paragraphs to describe your strengths, work experience and accomplishments.
430 Wilson Sq • Springfield, OH 54342 • (005) 333 – 2222 • kyle @ email . com
❖❖ TRUCK DRIVER ❖❖
SUMMARY: Dependable and tactful Truck Driver with Class A CDL and 9+ years’ progressive experience in truck/trailer driving. Track record of driving delivery truck on long routes, maintaining log and performing minor repairs on different kinds of trucks. An outgoing individual who deals with customers and coworkers in a courteous and professional manner. Familiar with Ohio highway traffic laws.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Freight Delivery||– Loading/Unloading||– Trailer Attachment|
|– Log Keeping||– Pressure Brakes||– GPS Navigation|
|– Truck Lever Operations||– Customer Dealing||– Pre/Post Trip Inspection|
|– Auto/ Manual Transition||– Documentation||– Route Coordination|
• Pickup and deliver assigned goods punctually on daily basis irrespective of road and weather conditions
• Collect money for deliveries if required
• Practice high quality customer care protocol and convey any complaints to the management immediately
• Maintain vehicle service, fueling and delivery records updated on respective inventories
• Escalated customer satisfaction to 100% by making timely and accurate deliveries based on their orders.
• Timely identified and fixed a minor problem in the pressure brake compartment of the vehicle which saved $5000 of replacement cost.
• Established and implemented OSHA guidelines related to handling and transportation of hazardous material and chemicals at the firm.
• Performed cleaning and maintenance tasks
• Loaded and unloaded merchandise on truck
• Coordinated route schedule and assisted driver in navigation
• Serviced and cleaned truck on daily basis
Diploma: ST. FREDRICK’S CONVENT, Springfield, OH – 2006
9876 Bell Ave | Houston, TX 26092 | (009) 888- 4444 | simon @ email . com
Track record of transporting goods in a timely and safe manner.
Performance Summary: Results-driven, energetic driving professional with a demonstrated ability to follow all established driving and delivery practices in accordance with state guidelines. Substantial knowledge of traffic laws and truck driving rules and regulations applicable all across the US. Clean driving record.
|• Route Planning||• Preventive Maintenance||• Loading /Unloading|
|• GPS Navigation||• Night Driving||• Safety Management|
|• Time Management||• Manual Dexterity||• Map Reading|
|• Inventory Maintenance||• Customer Service||• Communication|
• Reduced average fuel consumption of the vehicle by $3000/month through effective implication of fuel economy techniques and strategies
• Resolved a brake issue by vigilant preventive maintenance, saving the company up till $5K in terms of a full brake replacement cost
• Enhanced overall customer satisfaction by 25% through timely and safe deliveries and practice of professional customer dealing etiquette
• Earned the most responsible driver award in 2012
City Cargo Service, Houston, TX 2012 to Present
• Follow maps and GPS to locate routes and deliver products
• Assess jobsite conditions for safe unloading using good judgment
• Obtain client’s signature on delivery documents
• Inspect the vehicle and keep track of fuel efficiency periodically
• Maintain records of stock delivery and accept payments if needed
City Cargo Service, Houston, TX 2010 to 2012
• Operated boom crane and truck-mounted equipment
• Inspected trucks before departure
• Created and maintained driver logs
• Followed all DOT regulations for delivery of products
We Deliver, Houston, TX 2007 to 2010
Delivery Driver Assistant
• Assisted the driver in driving and GPS navigation, relieving him on long routes after every two hours
• Loaded and unloaded truck
• Checked truck before departure
• Cleaned and maintained vehicles
• Served as back-up delivery driver
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Class A CDL with T Semi Trailer Endorsement – Current
DOT certification and Medical Examiner’s Certificate – Current
G.E.D: St Jones High School, Houston, TX – 2007
|HECTOR CAMERON||230 Dixon Street ● Brewton, AL 83765|
Cell: (901) 999-9999 ● Email:
OBJECTIVE: To work for ABC Company as a Truck Driver utilizing ability to drive different types of trucks effectively in order to maximize efficiency and increase revenue.
• Over 2 years’ hands-on experience of driving heavy vehicles
• Current Alabama Class A CDL with hazardous material endorsement
• Exceptional driving record which reflects adherence to all Federal DOT regulations
|• Safety regulations||• Expense management||• Client relations|
|• Preventive maintenance||• GPS and navigation||• Travel log maintenance|
|• Routes familiarity||• Map reading||• Customer satisfaction|
• Reduced transportation costs 25% through discovery of short routes.
• Resolve conflicts among team member and drivers.
• Convinced many angry customers by utilizing excellent convincing power.
• Attained 100% success in delivering assigned goods to their destination despite inclement weather and traffic block conditions.
• Rewarded with a singled out bonus following excellence in driving practices and minimized accidents.
Core Truck Services – Brewton, AL Jan 2009 – Mar 2013
• Drove trucks to specified destinations
• Delivered goods to designated places
• Assisted with loading and unloading of trucks
• Picked up and load returned products
• Completed driver, route and gas logs
• Charted out best routes for delivery
• Performed customer services tasks at the time of deliveries
• Cleaned and maintained vehicle
• Carried out preventive maintenance tasks on a regular basis
ADDITIONAL STRENGTHS AND SKILLS
• Able to work on a rotating shift
• Excellent communication skills
• Outstanding physical dexterity
• Extremely well organized
Diploma: Brewton High School, Brewton, AL – 2008