School bus drivers drive school buses on a predefined route.
They pick up students from designated places and drop them off at school on a routine basis and vice versa.
There are some other responsibilities that school bus drivers are expected to perform which they will be supposed to write in a resume when applying for a job. Let us see how this is done.
Tip: Create a simple and to the point school driver resume in a logical format and highlight key points in bullet form.
90 King Jr. Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 25144
(900) 999-9999, Email
School Bus Driver
Seeking a School Bus Driver position with the King’s Elementary School. Eager to provide safe and efficient transportation service to the school children.
• Over 10 years of experience in light and heavy vehicle driving
• Committed to ensuring passengers’ safety at all times
• Effectively advise students and reinforce regulations
• In-depth knowledge of assisting students in safe loading and unloading from the bus
• Demonstrated ability to perform emergency roadside repairs
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION
• Class B Drivers License with School Bus Endorsement
• CPR & First Aid Certified
• Conducted emergency drills with students and teachers to cater to emergency situations.
• Created route sheets for all school bus drivers to follow straight routes to required destinations.
Nashville High School, Tuscaloosa, AL | May 2010 – Present
School Bus Driver
• Drive school bus according to designated schedule.
• Assist students and teachers off and on the bus.
• Provide information on safety measures to be taken into account.
• Maintain fluid levels in the bus and check for defects in the engine and tires.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
• Respond to inquiries from students and parents.
Airgas Inc. – Corpus Christi, TX | Jan 2007 – Feb 2010
• Handled loading, unloading and delivering procedures of merchandise.
• Drove truck to destination.
• Prepared receipts for load picked up.
• Maintained log book.
• Inspected truck parts including tires, lights, and brakes.
• Maintained radio contact to receive delivery instructions from area office.
Corpus Christi City School, Corpus Christi, TX | 2006
High School Diploma
• Excellent driving record
• Proven ability to drive in inclement weather conditions
• Able to communicate via the two-way radio device
• Good attention to details
• Able to understand and carry out written instructions
• Excellent problem-solving skills
“I am committed to the safety of students at all times.”
Last updated on