Professional summaries for truck driver emphasize a candidate’s qualifications and competencies.
This is especially true if the Truck Driver resume is that of an experienced individual.
Professional Truck Driver summaries or profiles can do 3 things for you:
• Incorporate all your credentials into a few lines
• Integrate the value that you can bring to the table
• Provide a focus on your employment goal
When a prospective employer is presented with all these, his decision-making process becomes easier.
The decision to read the rest of the resume and to call you for an interview becomes clearer once he knows who he is dealing with.
Professional summaries focus on areas of expertise, skills, and experiences. The use of power verbs is important here as you are primarily trying to get the point across.
A summary or profile statement works best for people who have some experience to boast of.
Here are some examples of professional summaries for a truck driver resume that you can take ideas from:
Professional Summary Examples for Truck Driver Resume
• A versatile and competent Truck Driver with Current Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials Endorsement. Has gained 100,000+ miles of experience in driving trucks and trailers in the USA and Canada. Sociable personality with exceptional customer service skills.
• A conscientious and self-motivated individual with 5 years of commercial truck driving experience. Demonstrated knowledge of road traffic laws and route planning. Track record of driving under the DOT regulations and in keeping with company protocols. Special talent for loading and unloading. Well versed in performing regular vehicular safety checks.
• Honest, reliable, and punctual truck driver with extensive experience in safely operating a tractor-trailer combination, including doubles and triples. Demonstrated ability to perform vehicle inspections under Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations. Current Class A CDL with doubles/triples endorsement. Able to efficiently chart out the best route using maps and GPS and handle multi drops in a time-efficient manner. Known for providing excellent service to customers.
• Results-driven, positive, and confident truck driver with 400,000+ miles previous experience driving a variety of trucks. Excellent customer service skills with a great aptitude to handle road emergencies with tact and perception. Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Class A. DOT Certified.
• Dedicated and helpful truck driver with extensive experience in inert-city driving. Well versed in handling delivery goods according to prescribed methods of safety and security. Exceptional customer service acumen with great focus on ensuring timely deliveries.