A CDL driver position is quite challenging in nature and requires extreme physical stamina. In addition to a CDL, the position requires high level of alertness, great sense of responsibility and exceptional eye hand dexterity. Since a CDL driver is usually required to carry passengers, hazardous material or a lot of heavy load, the job places extra pressure on the employee.
Your resume for this position should reflect a deep sense of maturity and accountability in addition to the skills required by the employer.
51 Redcliff Bay ● Midland, TX 34221 ● (002) 111-3333 ● anthony @ email . com
Passionate driver with exceptional driving record.
SUMMARY: Seasoned CDL driver with 5+ years’ extensive experience working in driving field. Well-versed with safety protocols associated with bus and truck driving, passenger safety and merchandise care. Equipped with basic mechanical knowledge regarding heavy traffic vehicles.
• CDL – Class B Commercial Driver’s License
• Proficient in driving different heavy vehicles using pressure/air brakes with manual and auto transmission
• Familiar with general safety and precautionary maintenance of heavy vehicles
• Demonstrated ability to meet safe delivery deadlines
• Track record of accident free, safe and precautionary driving of passenger busses and loaded trucks
|• Inspecting truck for defects||• Paperwork|
|• Loading and unloading trailer||• Records maintenance|
|• State regulations knowledge||• Breakdowns management|
CDL Driver | Total Logistics, Midland, TX | Oct 2011 – Present
• Drive the allotted vehicle to the assigned location, assist the manual labor in loading and unloading the merchandise carefully
• Drive and operate load lifting and digging machinery at the station or sites when required
• Maintain vehicle merchandise inventory and fill logs regularly
• Keep track of fuel efficiency and call in for tuning from time to time to ensure proper maintenance and efficiency of the vehicle
• Saved the company from heavy expense by timely identification of a hazardous defect in the vehicle’s transmission box
• Reduced the fuel cost by 10% via vigilant monitoring of combustion mixture settings
CDL School Bus Driver | Delight School, Midland, TX | Aug 2009- Sept 2011
• Performed pick and drop responsibly for 18 special needs children on daily basis who traveled in the bus assisted by two attendants
• Cleaned the vehicle regularly and sent for washing and weekly service
• Attained the title of ‘most punctual driver’
Diploma: Texas High School, Midland, TX – 2005