Long haul truck driving is perhaps the most challenging position that comes under the broad category of heavy vehicle driving.
The position is challenging because of the extraordinary length of the vehicle, usually an 18 wheeler truck.
It is a bit difficult to drive especially when one needs to make U-turns.
Your resume for the position of Long Haul Truck Driver needs to be tailored according to the needs of the prospective employer.
Firstly, it should reflect all the skills and qualifications required by the potential employer.
Secondly, it has to showcase a responsible disposition as a truck driver since the vehicle is often required to carry hazardous material.
A clean driving, drug, and criminal record is a must for the position.
See also: Long Haul Truck Driver Cover Letter
Long Haul Truck Driver Resume Sample
87 Cherry Tree Lane | Edmonton, AB H7R 9Y7 | (003) 222-2222 | [Email]
LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVER
❖ ❖ ❖
Energetic professional with hands-on experience in driving 12 to 18 wheeler vehicles on long and short routes responsibly and punctually. Knowledgeable of highway regulations and carriage safety rules and regulations applicable in the state. Record of obeying regulations and employer policies.
• Demonstrated ability to load and unload the carriage compartment securely
• Proficient in making calculations regarding carriage weight as per vehicle capacity
• First-hand experience in driving long-haul trucks packed with hazardous material securely to the required destination
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
Class A CDL with HAZMAT
|• Emergency Repairs
• Preventive Maintenance
• GPS Navigation
• Cargo Safety
|• Pre-trip Inspection
• Merchandise Safety
• Log Book Maintenance
• Trained five new drivers regarding practices of safe carriage using long-haul trucks.
• Resolved an air brake issue in the vehicle, saving the company a massive expenditure of whole brake equipment replacement.
• Identified a major problem in the truck during the pre-trip inspection.
• Resolved an air brake issue in the vehicle timely, saving the company a massive expenditure of whole brake equipment replacement.
Long Haul Truck Driver
Gateway carriers, Edmonton, AB | 2009 – Present
• Operate and drive articulated trucks on a regular basis with merchandise
• Obtain signatures on delivery receipts
• Maintain daily merchandise transport logs
• Perform minor adjustments needed for smooth running during the next trip
• Deal with clients professionally, convey any complaints regarding merchandise carriage or schedule to the managers on a priority basis
Blanchard Machinery – Hilton Head, SC | 2008 – 2009
• Picked up and delivered merchandise and equipment to designated locations
• Loaded and unloaded merchandise safely
• Maintained log book regarding mileage and fuel consumption
• Cleaned and washed truck and trailer from inside and outside
City School, Edmonton, AB | 2009