Building a resume for a bus driving position can pose to be a challenge, especially if the candidate is inexperienced.
Although most resumes now use a professional summary, yet for individuals with no experience, opting for a career objective to begin the resume is a better choice.
What to write after the objective statement?
Well, the resume will have all the general sections like qualifications, skills, education, and work experience.
However, work can be omitted if there is no work experience or perhaps some volunteer work can fill the section.
In entry-level bus driver resumes, where there is no experience in hand to showcase, the employer’s focus shifts to the bus driver skills and training. Therefore, make sure these sections are done wisely to attain a favorable impression.
The following is a sample resume for a bus driver position suitable for candidates with no experience in hand.
See also: Bus Driver Cover Letter No Experience
Bus Driver Resume No Experience
898 Kinsley’s Apartments | Miami, FL 67554 | (003)222-3333 | [Email]
Highly concerned for the safety of passengers on the bus.
A dedicated and responsible individual, seeking a position as a Bus Driver with the ABC Transport System. Excellent bus driving and ticket handling skills coupled with knowledge of safe bus driving practices.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• CDL B with airbrakes and passenger endorsement
• First Aid training
• Clean criminal and medical record
• Familiar with bus and passenger safety procedures
• In-depth knowledge of the US driving laws and policies
• Ability to drive buses with manual and automatic transmissions
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• Maintaining passenger records||• Basic bus mechanics|
|• Doors and windows operations||• Sharp reflexes|
|• Precautionary maintenance||• Billing, ticketing, and fare|
|• Eye-hand coordination||• Mitigating conflicts|
TRAINING AND INTERNSHIP
Dell Bus Service Station, Miami, FL | Summer 2018
Worked as a bus driving intern while receiving short training as a junior bus driver.
High School Diploma
St. Patrick’s High School, Miami, FL | 2012
• Exceptional analytical, time management and decision making skills
• Multilingual (English, Spanish and French)
• General respectful attitude towards all passengers
• Take pleasure in assisting the disabled and elderly
• Physically fit and strong enough to lift loads up to 100 lbs