Building a resume for a bus driving position can pose to be a challenge, especially if the candidate is inexperienced.
Although most resumes now use a professional summary, yet for individuals with no experience, opting for a career objective to begin the resume is a better choice.
What to write after the objective statement?
Well, the resume will have all the general sections like qualifications, skills, education, and work experience.
However, work can be omitted if there is no work experience or perhaps some volunteer work can fill the section.
In entry-level bus driver resumes, where there is no experience in hand to showcase, the employer’s focus shifts to the bus driver skills and training. Therefore, make sure these sections are done wisely to attain a favorable impression.
The following is a sample resume for a bus driver position suitable for candidates with no experience in hand.
Sample Bus Driver Resume With No Prior No Experience
898 Kinsley’s Apartments
Miami, FL 67554
Highly concerned for the safety of passengers on the bus.
A dedicated and responsible individual, seeking a position as a Bus Driver with the ABC Transport System. Bringing excellent bus driving and ticket handling skills and knowledge of safe bus driving practices.
CDL B with airbrakes and passenger endorsement
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• First Aid training
• Clean criminal and medical record
• Familiar with bus and passenger safety procedures
• In-depth knowledge of the US driving laws and policies
• Ability to drive buses with manual and automatic transmissions
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Maintaining passenger records
• Basic bus mechanics
• Doors and windows operations
• Sharp reflexes
• Precautionary maintenance
• Billing, ticketing, and fare
• Eye-hand coordination
• Resolving conflicts
TRAINING AND INTERNSHIP
Dell Bus Service Station, Miami, FL
Worked as a bus driving intern while receiving short training as a bus driver.
High School Diploma
St. Patrick’s High School, Miami, FL
• Exceptional analytical, time management, and decision making skills
• Multilingual (English, Spanish and French)
• General respectful attitude towards all passengers
• Take pleasure in assisting the disabled and elderly
• Physically fit and strong enough to lift loads up to 100 lbs
Related: Bus Driver Cover Letter No Experience