Paraprofessionals work under the command of the teacher, to give assistance in classroom management, individual and group student teaching, behavioral organization and a range of administrative and clerical tasks.
Writing a great Paraprofessional Resume does not essentially mean you should follow the rules you hear through the gossip. It does not have to be specific to one page or follow a particular resume format. Every Paraprofessional Resume is an only one of its kind marketing communication. It should be suitable to your state of affairs and do accurately what you want it to do.
In place of a bunch of rules and tips, we are going to provide you with an excellent sample so as to guide and offer you the most basic principles of writing a highly effective resume for Paraprofessional job. Also see this Paraprofessional Cover Letter in order to make a perfect job application.
Paraprofessional Resume Sample
Sara K. Smith
52 Example Street, Rochester, MN 98777
(999) 999-9999, sara @ emaiI.com
Objective: Seeking a position of paraprofessional in Capitol Region Education Council which will require me to utilize my communication skills, teaching abilities and clerical experience.
Excellent Knowledge of:
• Latest Technologies
• Special education methods and measures for instructing students
• Laws, codes, standards, pertaining to school or district, and student behaviors
• Instructive procedures, together with classroom organization and testing
• Two years of experience in a pre-school classroom environment
• Exceptional skills in a variety of languages specifically English and Spanish
• Enthusiastic to work with students having special learning and physical needs
• Demonstrated staying power in working with students of changeable abilities and disabilities
• Able to work efficiently with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Proven record of maintaining privacy of students and district
• Comprehensive knowledge of managing classroom instructional equipment, standard office tools
• Established and maintained valuable working relationships with students, teachers, faculty members, and other district employees
• Basic capability in Core Subjects: Mathematics, English, Social Studies, and Science at High School Level
May 2009 – June 2011
Community High School District 99 – Downers Grove, IL
• Assisted in accomplishment of primary set of courses by providing individual and group training to students.
• Assisted teacher in controlling behavioral and emotional occurrence by employing techniques for instance systems of rewards, performance checklists and time-outs.
• Provided direction to students in independent study and corrective programs designed by teacher
• Performed a variety of typing and clerical activities
• Maintained records of educational and behavioral development as assigned by teacher
• Assisted educator with non-instructional projects and duties
• Helped teacher in implementing discipline
• Assisted teacher in classroom activities for instance assembling displays and notice board information and operating tools
Associate of Arts Degree – 2009
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in secretarial tasks in Quickbooks
• Ability to work speedily and professionally under pressure
• Strong logical skills and attention to detail
• Quick learner with aptitude to work with least or no supervision
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook