A resume for an Office Assistant position should contain information about applicant’s front desk and customer service capabilities, secretarial skills, computer knowledge, education and related experience.
A modern Office Assistant is responsible for much more than simply performing clerical work, typing memos and answering guests. S/he must be extremely organized, proficient in using computer programs especially MS Word and Excel and able to deal with clients and co-workers in a pleasant and efficient manner. These all attributes should be mentioned in a resume to increase the chances of consideration.
The following resume along with this Office Assistant Cover Letter will assist you in your job application process.
228 Park Ave ● New York, NY 10002 ● Contact # ● Email Address
❖❖ OFFICE ASSISTANT ❖❖
Highly-motivated, upbeat professional with 7+ years’ successful track record of managing general office operations. Demonstrated expertise in performing a diverse range of front desk tasks. Great people skills with a profound ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. A detail-oriented professional who has excellent secretarial capabilities and well-versed in the use of computers. Good communicator with sound judgment, keen eye to detail and flexible nature.
|● Meetings / Calendar management|
● Reception work and customer service
● Receiving and distributing mail
● Picking-up and delivering items
● Data entry and proofreading
● Bilingual: English/Spanish
|● Basic accounting procedures|
● Ledgers, mailing lists and labels
● Supplies and equipment maintenance
● Staff attendance management
● Liaison between different departments
● Great telephone etiquette
|STAPLES, New York, NY|
Aug 2008 – Present
Provide primary support to the advanced office operations. Perform daily office tasks successfully, such as:
• Purchase and manage supplies for the office along with performing photocopy and runner duty
• Answer phones, greet and help customers with queries and resolve basic concerns
• Create and oversee staffing events
• Proofread and edit official correspondence
• File and maintain reports for managers on a regular basis
|SHERIFF’S OFFICE, Calvert County, MD|
Performed basic level general office clerical work in support of unit operations.
• Received, screened and referred telephone calls
• Greeted and assisted visitors
• Operated photocopy machine
• Received and routed mail; directs items to other staff or County offices as appropriate.
• Maintained office files and folders
• Keyed data into computer databases
• Verified information on billings accurately which significantly decreased bill processing time
• Improved cash reporting system and internal control procedures
ABC COLLEGE, Aberdeen, MD, 2006
A.A.S., Office Administration
• MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Windows-Microsoft Programs
• Typing speed: 55 WPM with accuracy