A resume for an Office Assistant position must be a sign of your front desk and customer care capabilities, secretarial skills, computer knowledge, education and related experience.
A modern Office Assistant is responsible for much more than simply performing clerical work, typing memos and answering guests. S/he must be extremely organized, proficient in using computer programs especially MS Word and Excel and able to deal with clients and co-workers in a pleasant and efficient manner. These all attributes should be mentioned in a resume to get an interview.
The following resume along with this Office Assistant Cover Letter will assist you in your job application process.
Office Assistant Resume Sample
228 Park Ave ● New York, NY 10002 ● Contact # ● Email Address
❖❖ OFFICE ASSISTANT ❖❖
Practical, reliable and energetic individual with six years’ successful record of managing general office operations. Demonstrated expertise in performing a diverse range of front desk operations. Great people skills with a profound ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent secretarial capabilities and well versed in the use of computers. Good communicator with sound judgment, keen eye to detail and flexible nature.
• Highly skilled in maintaining a liaison between different departments within the company and with agencies outside the company
• In-depth knowledge of basic accounting procedures and ability to use them on need basis
• Hands-on experience in data entry and most popular software used for the same
• Comprehensive understanding of building daily and weekly ledgers, mailing lists and labels
• Good understanding of reception work and customer services
• MS Office Suite: Particularly Word and Excel
• Bilingual: English and Portuguese
|STAPLES, New York, NY|
Aug 2008 – Present
Provide primary support to the advanced office operations. Perform daily office tasks successfully, such as:
• Purchase and manage supplies for the office along with performing photocopy and runner duty
• Answer phones, greet and help customers with queries and resolve basic concerns
• Create and oversee staffing events
• Proofread and edit official correspondence
• File and maintain reports for managers on a regular basis
|SHERIFF’S OFFICE, Calvert County, MD|
Performed basic level general office clerical work in support of unit operations.
• Received, screened and referred telephone calls
• Greeted and assisted visitors
• Operated photocopy machine
• Received and routed mail; directs items to other staff or County offices as appropriate.
• Maintained office files and folders
• Keyed data into computer databases
✔ Verified information on billings accurately which significantly decreased bill processing time
✔ Improved cash reporting system and internal control procedures
ABC COLLEGE, Aberdeen, MD, 2006
AAS, Office Administration