A Medical Office Assistant performs a wide array of duties in a healthcare setting.
They are responsible for managing reception, scheduling appointments, maintaining records and performing financial duties.
In some settings, these professionals are also responsible for direct and indirect patient care activities. Exceptional communication skills via fax, telephone and email are necessary to get this position.
Refer below for a sample resume for a medical office assistant position. We understand that each Medical Office Assistant Resume needs to be unique which is why we bring to you the very best of samples that you can derive your very own resume from.
This particular one is written specifically for a candidate who has been working in a medical facility for some time.
Also, use this Medical Office Assistant Cover Letter to support your resume.
Medical Office Assistant Resume Example
343 4th Street – Manhattan, NY 06654
Contact #, Email Address
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Dedicated, dynamic and highly-motivated professional with over 12 years’ experience in diverse healthcare settings. Highly skilled in handling administrative duties including filing, appointments management, records keeping and data entry. Able to perform basic medical tasks; taking vitals, preparing medicine concoctions, collecting samples and filling out prescriptions. Familiar with advanced medical terminology. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|● Phlebotomy||● Patient Intake||● Triage|
|● Urinalysis||● Vital Signs||● Medical Coding|
|● EKG||● Injections (IV and IM)||● Insurance Claims|
|● Sterilization||● Dosage Calculation||● Collections|
|● Blood Tests||● Infection Control||● Accounts Receivable|
Florence Nightingale Hospital – Manhattan, NY Dec 2006 – Present
Medical Office Assistant
• Perform general and specific administrative duties
• Schedule appointments for patients
• Clean and sterilize medical equipment
• Take blood and urine sample in accordance with the doctor’s orders
• Watch over inventory and other medical supplies
• Operate medical equipment such as X-ray machines to assist the doctor
• Implemented a user-friendly database system in order to record patient information and follow up on appointments
• Devised medicine and procedures information booklets for patients’ education
Detroit Medical Center – Detroit, MI Mar 2006 – Dec 2006
Medical Office Intern
• Greeted visitors and registered patients
• Contacted different insurance providers and scheduled patients in keeping with established guidelines
• Prepared exam room
• Took vital signs
• Assisted physician during exam
Detroit City College – Detroit, MI
Associate in Medical Assisting – 2005
• MS Office Applications, Internet, and Email
• Typing Speed: 60 WPM
Last updated on