Building an entry level resume for the field of finance is a complicated task. Since you do not have much to offer in terms of experience, a skills and qualifications dominated resume will help you landing an interview.
Although objective statements are becoming obsolete rapidly, experts recommend entry level resumes should begin with a target objective. Mention your technical skills separately and explicitly, in an optimized manner to create a better impression.
890 Huckleberry Enclave ♦ Houston, TX 78443 ♦ (004) 222-6666 ♦ carla @ email . com
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
❖ ❖ ❖
Dependable and diligent individual with a thorough understanding of financial processing procedures. Seeking a challenging position as an accounts payable clerk wherein skills in finance management and expertise in record keeping could be utilized to orchestrate the company’s cash flow.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Special talent for account reconciliation, accounts coding and ledger strategies
• Well-versed in matching of PO’s, entering payable invoices and validating processing authorizations for the same
• Familiar with month end closing and report filing protocols
• Proficient in clerical tasks; file cataloging, photocopy and document scanning
• Exceptional ability to multitask, solve problems and work under strict deadlines
|● Quick Books||● EDI Systems||● MS Office Suite|
|● SAP||● Oracle||● Windows XP|
|● Peachtree||● Deltek Adv||● ACCPAC|
|● ERP||● GAAP||● Data Entry: 60 WPM|
Accounts Payable Intern | ODG Wells, Houston, TX | Summer 2013
• Processed vendor payments timely and accurately
• Removed discrepancies in payments and reconciled all invoices smoothly
• Utilized Peachtree and ACCPAC effectively for invoice processing
• Validated invoices from authorized personnel before forwarding
• Interacted daily with third party vendors and responded to their payment related queries
• Coordinated effectively with the accounts department and Human Resource to process any pending payment claims
BS in Accounting | Glen Dale University, Houston, TX | 2014