As an accounts clerk, you need to make sure that your resume is properly worded.
In an entry-level accounts clerk resume (with no experience), you must highlight accounts clerk skills.
Similarly, you have to focus on your knowledge of providing both accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
Working as an accounts clerk, especially when you have no experience is not easy.
But you have to show a prospective employer that you have the skills to do the job.
The ability to prepare bank deposits and general ledger posting and statements should be part of your resume as well.
In addition, you should be able to highlight the fact that you are a meticulous person who does not need supervision.
A resume sample for an accounts clerk position (no experience) is provided here for your reference:
Accounts Clerk Resume No Experience
4 Rock Road, Durham, NC19384
A highly meticulous individual with a solid base in accounting. Effectively able to provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department. Proven ability to prepare bank deposits, and enter data into accounting systems and databases.
– Document Maintenance
– Account Restoration
– Data Entry
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Durham Business and Accountancy College, Durham, NC – 2018
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Taxation
- Financial Statements Analysis
- Auditing Principles
- Business Law
- Awarded the highest student achievement award for excellent academic record
- Honored for consistently achieving excellence in financial accounting courses.
- Responsible for starting 4 college clubs, all of which received national recognition
- Represented the college in 4 business convention, held in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
Rock Hill Associates, Durham, NC | 1/2019 – 3/2019
- Collected and sorted invoices and checks according to provided instructions
- Checked and verified entries
- Performed data entry work in order to punch information into the system
- Analyzed discrepancies and assisted in resolving them
- Verified deductions such as taxes and provident funds
- Tracked employee vacation and paid leaves
- Maintained accounting records and files
- Confirmed financial reports by running performance analysis
- Processed payroll timesheets on time
- Volunteered services to build a unique accounting system for a local orphanage
- Led a team of volunteers to assist at a local nursing home
- Fluent in English, Spanish, and Italian