Writing an impressive library media specialist cover letter to accompany your resume can be an overwhelming task especially in today’s highly competitive job market.
There are specific tips to keep in mind when writing a cover letter.
Some of these are discussed below along with a sample cover letter for the position of a library media specialist.
Library Media Specialist Cover Letter Writing Tips
• The first and last paragraphs require particular attention since the impression of the candidate is dependent on these.
• Optimize the main body of the cover letter since it is time-saving for the potential employers to read through well-optimized, objectively formatted cover letters.
• Use the position specific keywords in the cover letter to enhance its optimization.
• The closing sentence must reflect confidence in the candidate and suggest scheduling an interview.
See also: Library Media Specialist Resume
Library Media Specialist Cover Letter Example
897 Tinker Lane, Bronx, NY 68704
Cellular: (004) 333-5555, Home: (005) 333-6666
May 16, 2019
Mr. Henry Scott
Head of Academics
RTG Institute of sciences
987 Literacy Sq
Bronx, NY 68704
Dear Mr. Scott:
I am pleased to submit my resume for the vacant position of library media specialist at RTG Institute of sciences, as advertised on your website yesterday. The position suits not only my educational qualifications but my profile is also a perfect match for your job specific requirements.
Some of my relevant qualifications and experience are highlighted below for your convenience in establishing my candidacy:
• 4+ years’ hands-on experience in automated library systems
• Skilled in physical preparation and maintenance of the school library
• Well versed in executing various interactive programs for school library media services
• Adept at handling library based LANs and AV equipment
• Particularly effective in assisting students regarding the material location
• Knowledge of central media library operations and associated procedures
• Skilled in ordering and procuring books from renowned publishers all over the world
My experience in setting up a new library in the limited budget along with expertise in handling media related software could come in handy at your institute. Being a front-runner for this job as far as experience and qualifications are concerned, may I suggest an interview with you? Call me as soon as possible at the numbers mentioned above to schedule a meeting.
Thank you for your time and consideration.