Writing an impressive library media specialist cover letter to accompany your resume can be an overwhelming task especially in today’s highly competitive job market. There are certain tips to keep in mind when writing a cover letter. Some of these are discussed below along with a sample cover letter for the position of a library media specialist.
• Experts recommend using optimized formats for the main body of the cover letter since it is time saving for the potential employers to read through well-optimized, objectively formatted cover letters.
• It is advisable to use the position specific key terms in the cover letter to enhance its optimization.
• The first and last paragraphs require special attention since the impression of the candidate is dependent on these.
• Closing sentence must reflect confidence in the candidate and suggest scheduling an interview.
cecil @ email . com
897 Tinker Lane, Bronx, NY 68704
Cellular: (004) 333-5555, Home: (005) 333-6666
June 1, 2015
Mr. Henry Scott
Head of Academics
RTG Institute of sciences
987 Literacy Sq
Bronx, NY 68704
Dear Mr. Scott:
I am pleased to submit my resume for the vacant position of library media specialist at RTG Institute of sciences, as advertised on your website yesterday. The position suits not only my educational qualifications but my profile is also a perfect match for your job specific requirements.
Some of my relevant qualifications and experience is highlighted below for your convenience in establishing my candidacy:
• 4+ years’ hands-on experience in automated library systems
• Skilled in physical preparation and maintenance of school library
• Well versed in effective executing of various interactive programs for school library media services
• Adept at handling library based LANs and AV equipments
• Particularly effective in assisting students regarding material location
• Knowledge of central media library operations and associated procedures
• Skilled in ordering and procuring books from renowned publishers all over the world
My experience in setting-up a new library in limited budget along with expertise in handling media related software could come in handy at your institute. Being a front runner for this job as far as experience and qualifications are concerned, may I suggest an interview with you? Call me as soon as possible at the above mentioned numbers to schedule a meeting.
Thank you for your time and consideration.