A cover letter is your primary introduction to the prospective employer. It contains information about your key attributes and how you will be able to use your talents. Also, it gives details about something that your resume doesn’t.
In fact, a cover letter persuades the recruiter to see your enclosed resume and invite you to an interview.
How to Write the Best Cover Letter for Accounts Payable Clerk Position?
In order to write a great cover letter, you must explain the several reasons that you are the best choice to hire as an accounts payable clerk. Use words and phrases that truly apply to you.
Skills statements, including phrases such as knowledge of completing payments and controlling expenses, will go a long way in making you appear like a good fit for an accounts payable clerk position.
As working as accounts payable clerk requires one to be efficient and organized, you must show that you are the right person to hire.
Study the 2 examples below to get more ideas on how to write an excellent cover letter for Accounts Payable Clerk Resume.
Accounts Payable Clerk Cover Letter Sample 1
April 7, 2023
Mr. Harry Morrison
Human Resources Manager
36 Keanu Road
Houston, TX 54121
Dear Mr. Morrison:
I am enthusiastically writing to apply for an accounts payable clerk position at [Company Name]. My accounting skills and experiences parallels your job description almost exactly.
As my resume indicates, I have extensive experience in performing day-to-day financial transactions, such as:
- Verifying, classifying, and computing accounts payable data
- Completing payments, and controlling expenses
- Reconciling processed payments by verifying entries
- Ensuring that credits are received, and purchase orders are developed on time
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
My core skills include:
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Expertise in QuickBooks
- Good typing skills
- Multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Attention to detail
Moreover, I can quickly assess accounting discrepancies and am able to identify ways to optimize accounts payable practices.
I look forward to a future conversation where I can discuss my qualifications futher. I will call you after a few days to arrange a meeting convenient to your schedule. Thank you for your consideration.
Accounts Payable Clerk Cover Letter Sample 2
April 7, 2023
Ms. Anna Anderson
652 Some Street
Englewood, CO 25512
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I am writing to express a keen interest in the Accounts Payable Clerk position at DISH Network. My strong skills in accounts payables, deposits, journal entries, and bookkeeping, coupled with my three years of extensive experience in the accounting field, make me a perfect fit.
The following are some of my key qualifications that perfectly complement your requirements:
- Familiar with a wide range of accounting procedures.
- Track record of meeting set targets and deadlines and able to “go the extra mile.”
- Demonstrated ability to perform internal auditing, A/R, A/P, and payroll tasks.
- Adept at managing financial statements, databases, and other accounting information.
- Expert in standard accounting software such as Peach Tree, QuickBooks, and ACCPAC.
Moreover, my strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills will help me to produce the best results.
I’d welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss my accounts payable skills in detail. I will call your office after seven days to follow up on my job application. Meanwhile, please feel free to call me at (000) 366-9865.
Thank you for your time and consideration.