A resume for a forestry worker position should show how much an individual loves the work. And how experienced he or she is in it.
Since the work is primarily physical, it is imperative to show that you have the physical strength to perform it.
In your resume for a forestry worker position, highlight your accomplishments in conservation. Also, talk about how competent you are in several areas related to forestry work.
Refer to the following resume sample for a forestry worker position for details on how you can write one:
Sample Resume for Forestry Worker Resume
45 Gulf Street, Grand Island, NE12898
• 8+ years of solid track record in handling a wide variety of forestry work, such as planting, and maintaining vegetation in forests.
• Recognized early signs of infestation, thereby, saved an entire forest leg from dying.
• Implemented a unique debris removal system, as a result, decreased removal time by 65%.
• Introduced a log grading system, considered 50% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Trained 32 other forestry workers in performing tree felling and planting work.
Tree Doctors Inc., Grand Island, NE
2015 – Present
• Plant seedlings in order to grow new trees.
• Perform tree removal and damage remediation.
• Assess trees and other vegetation for hazards and structural integrity.
• Remove invasive tree and plant species.
• Ensure sufficient water supply and fertilizer to all planted vegetation.
• Perform tree inventories, such as disease monitoring and hazardous tree diagnosis.
• Clear brush and weeds and remove debris from camping trails.
• Sprat trees and other vegetation with insecticides and herbicides.
• Prevent and suppress forest fires.
• Ensure that equipment and tools used for planting and looking after plant remain in good working order.
Three Rivers Park District, Grand Island, NE
2011 – 2015
• Cleaned debris and other unrequired items from assigned forest areas.
• Assisted in planting seeds in order to reforest the land.
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on equipment and tools.
• Checked inventory to ensure sufficient supplies.
High School Diploma
Grand Island High School, Grand Island, NE
- Equipment Use
- Preventative Maintenance
- Pesticide Use
- Log Quality Assessment
- Log Grading
- Data Collection
- Weed Handling
- Tree Felling
- Debris Removal
- Management Plans
Recommended: Forestry Cover Letter Sample