Resumes are written to inform hiring managers that you are eager to work for them and that you are suitable for a particular job.
If your resume is written along the lines of the following sample, you have a great chance of being considered:
Public Works Maintenance Worker Resume Sample
10 66th Street NE, New York, NY 35719
(000) 999-9999 | [Email]
PUBLIC WORKS MAINTENANCE WORKER
Highly skilled maintenance worker with over 6 years of experience of working in the public sector. Demonstrated ability to participate in street maintenance and repair activities, along with exceptional skills in ensuring clean, and neat outlook of public places. Competent in coordinating the installation, maintenance, and repair of traffic control systems.
Street Inspection Program Implementation Waste Management
Graffiti Removal Repair and Maintenance Special Events Support
Vegetation Control Traffic Clearance Equipment Scheduling
Ice Prevention Snow Removal Debris Clearing
• Implemented a street inspection system, which was 75% more efficient than the one already in use.
• Introduced a traffic clearing program, decreasing rush hour issues by 50%.
• Successfully contributed to a city-wide graffiti removal effort, receiving high accolades from the management.
• Devised a vegetation control system, without any danger of harming the ecosystem.
Public Works Maintenance Worker
City of New York, New York, NY | 2011 – Present
• Obtain orders for maintenance work in different areas, and perform inspections of assigned areas.
• Determine the need for repair, cleanliness, and maintenance of designated areas, and provide managers with feedback.
• Perform street maintenance work including asphalt patching, crack sealing, and pothole repair.
• Repair or remove sidewalks, curbs, and gutters, and ensure that new ones are placed.
• Coordinate the installation, maintenance, and repair of traffic control systems such as signs and pavement markings.
• Oversee vegetation control activities, such as landscape maintenance, roadside and slope mowing, and tree and bush trimming.
• Participate in snow and ice removal, and spreading sand and salt on cleared spaces.
• Ascertain that all work duties are correctly logged into the designated logbook, at the end of each shift.
Public Works Maintenance Aide
The Kids’ Campus, New York, NY | 2002 – 2011
• Assisted in cleaning and repairing curbs, sidewalks, and parking areas.
• Helped in clearing away debris and hazardous materials from play sites.
• Ascertained that waste management efforts were adequately carried out, according to provided guidelines.
• Washed pavements and walkways, using the right mixes of cleaning agents.
• Determined that wet floor and other signs were erected at workplaces, or after cleaning work has been done.
Rooting High School, New York, NY
High School Diploma