The position of restaurant waitress is very challenging. In addition to an outgoing personality with great customer care skills, this position demands extensive standing and walking for long periods of time.
The function of your resume as a restaurant waitress is to show that you posses presentation skills, hospitality expertise, customer dealing etiquette, physical strength and guest-interaction acumen. A positive work attitude and professional work ethics must be reflected in your resume.
Following is an example resume for a restaurant waitress. Feel free to customize this resume per your circumstances.
See also: Waitress Cover Letter
318 Harley Street | Brooklyn, NY 56778 | (000) 582-9858 | nancy.fin @ email . com
Energetic and driven hospitality professional with great food presentation skills and 4+ years’ experience in restaurant waitressing. Excellent stamina blended with strong knowhow of marketing and customer service etiquette. Hands-on experience in serving at high volume restaurants during rush hours in a calm and organized manner while meeting service quality deadlines effectively. Skilled in presentation manner and ensuring order synchronization.
Skills & Competencies
• Skilled in serving platters, drinks and beverages while assuring high quality customer care
• Ability to take and place orders, answer customer queries in a polite manner and serve orders in an organized manner
• Demonstrated ability to recommend wines and side orders to go with the client’s main courses
• Expert in coordinating and relaying orders between bars and main station to ensure synchronized delivery of orders
• Thorough understanding of general standard practices regarding fine dinning restaurant
Restaurant Waitress | City Restaurant, Brooklyn, NY | Jan 2013 – Present
• Greet the guests at reception and accompany them to their table
• Assist the guests in order setting and place the order at the relevant stations
• Coordinate with stations to ensure simultaneous order delivery
• Proactively respond to guests’ concerns before, during and after meal
• Generate bill and collect payment
• Transformed many difficult customers to regular one utilizing exceptional customer service skills
• Delivered services to many clients belonging to different cultures which increased patronage by 40%
Waitress | Teddy’s Bar & grill, Brooklyn, NY | Dec 2008 – Jan 2013
• Served the food in an organized manner
• Checked up on guests during meal to ensure continuous customer satisfaction
• Provided bill on time and cleaned up table after customer’s departure
• Contributed in over all maintenance of quality of food via ensuring constant customer feedback and conveying it to the management
St. Patrick’s High School, Brooklyn, NY | 2007
High School Diploma
• POS System
• CRM Software
• MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Bilingual: Flent speaker of English and Spanish
“My professional and neat appearance coupled with good communication skills always help me increase the profits.”