The position of restaurant waitress is very challenging. In addition to an outgoing personality with excellent customer care skills, this position demands extensive standing and walking for long periods of time.
The purpose of your resume as a restaurant waitress is to show that you possess presentation skills, hospitality expertise, customer dealing etiquette, physical strength, and guest-interaction acumen.
A positive work attitude and professional work ethics must be reflected in your resume.
The following is an example resume for a restaurant waitress. Feel free to customize this resume per your circumstances.
Related: Waitress Cover Letter Sample
Restaurant Waitress Resume Sample
318 Harley Street
Brooklyn, NY 56778
Energetic and driven hospitality professional with excellent food presentation skills and 4+ years’ experience in restaurant waitressing. Excellent stamina blended with the active know-how of marketing and customer service etiquette. Hands-on experience in serving at high volume restaurants during rush hours in a calm and organized manner while meeting service quality deadlines effectively. Skilled in presentation manner and ensuring order synchronization.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Skilled in serving platters, drinks, and beverages while assuring high-quality customer care.
• Ability to take and place orders.
• Politely answer customer queries and service requests.
• Expert in coordinating and relaying orders between bars and main station.
• Thorough understanding of general standard practices regarding fine dining restaurant.
City Restaurant, Brooklyn, NY
Jan 2013 – Present
• Greet the guests at the reception and accompany them to their table.
• Assist the guests in order setting and place the order at the relevant stations.
• Coordinate with stations to ensure simultaneous order delivery.
• Proactively respond to guests’ concerns before, during, and after the meal.
• Generate bills and collect payments.
• Transformed many demanding customers to regular ones utilizing exceptional customer service skills.
• Delivered services to many clients belonging to different cultures which increased patronage by 40%.
Teddy’s Bar & Grill, Brooklyn, NY
Dec 2008 – Jan 2013
• Served the food in an organized manner.
• Checked up on guests during the meal to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
• Provided bill on time and cleaned up the table after customer’s departure.
• Contributed to the overall maintenance of the quality of food via ensuring constant customer feedback and conveying it to the management.
St. Patrick’s High School, Brooklyn, NY | 2007
High School Diploma
• POS System
• CRM Software
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Bilingual: Fluent speaker of English and Spanish
“My professional and neat appearance and good communication skills resulted in increased profits.”