At the time of writing a resume for a cocktail waitress position, your focus should be on what you can offer the prospective employer – especially if you are writing for an entry-level position.
Typically, your knowledge of the work is what a hiring manager is looking for here. He or she will want to know how much you know about the work, and how well you can handle associated tasks.
As a cocktail waitress, your resume should emphasize your knowledge of taking food and beverage orders, and providing customers with suggestions on what drinks, specifically cocktails, go with their food orders.
Also, your ability to ensure that orders are accurate, and delivered on time has to be made part of the resume.
A resume sample for a cocktail waitress position, with no experience, is provided below for your perusal:
Cocktail Waitress Resume No Experience
803 Boots Lane
Highly enthusiastic cocktail waitress, with an inherent interest in working in the food service industry. Successful track record of positively interacting with customers, and handling multiple tasks at the same time to ensure quality service consistently.
High School Diploma
Arlington High School, Arlington, VA – 2022
• Attained the Best Student Award for consistently making it to the top of the class
• Chosen as a lead for three school clubs, all of which received state-wide recognition
• Received accolades for suggesting the incorporation of an activities-based program into the school curriculum
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Order Taking
- Cocktail Mixing
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Payment Processing
- Condiments Station Management
- Identification Checking
- Supplies Inventory
- Complaint Handling
Captain Cook’s, Arlington, VA
1/2022 – 4/2022
• Greeted customers and diners and assisted them in finding seats
• Offered menus and provided information on the day’s specials
• Assisted waiters in taking orders, and relaying them to the kitchen area
• Followed up on orders, and delivered them on time
• Ensured that glasses were refilled upon customers’ requests
• Assisted in mixing alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the restaurant bar
• Lead the state football team, winning all 12 matches played between 2020 and 2021
• Led a team of volunteers to assist the geriatric population at Sava Senior Care
English and Spanish