A Cocktail Server is responsible for taking food and beverage orders. They perform all kinds of tasks as assigned by the managers.
It is a non-exempt position and reports typically to the Store Manager or General Manager as per local requirements.
The following is a very detailed resume example for a cocktail server resume. You may include or exclude the content and sections as per your requirements.
This standard Cocktail Server Resume fulfills the general requirements of employers.
Related: Cocktail Server Cover Letter
Cocktail Server Resume Example
61 West Street, New Orleans, LA 98777
Reliably achieving outstanding hospitality service standards.
Dynamic and extremely talented Cocktail Server with 7+ years’ extensive experience in high-volume environments of different hotels and bars. Respectfully greets guests and serves food and beverages professionally. Effectively coordinate with the kitchen staff to ensure timely service and quality of the food and drinks.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage terminology and service techniques.
- Highly skilled in maintaining awareness of all menus, ingredients, and preparation methods.
- In-depth understanding of setting up an assigned station with supplies.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information about cocktails.
- Well versed in inspecting presentation of all beverage and food items.
LOEWS – New Orleans, LA
May 2018 – Sep 2021
- Took food and beverage orders from patrons
- Entered orders in POS and delivered orders quickly
- Checked back after delivery of food to ensure maximum guest satisfaction
- Observed guests to reply to any additional needs
- Presented check for payment and provided change
- Kept station clean and tidy at all times
- Adequately set up station tables and arranged napkins
- Maintained table appearance by pre-bussing, checked drink levels, removed clutter, and provided sufficient towels
- Attained the server of the month award – Jan 2021
HMS – Portland, OR
June 2016 – May 2018
- Timely took and served a range of beverage and food items
- Monitored guests at all times, predicted their needs and quickly responded to their requests
- Prepared and presented the bill
- Completed end of shift income and cash deposit reports
- Up-sold beverage and food items to guests
- Cleaned dirty glassware and plates to proper dish wash area and sorted same for washing
- Recorded all aspects of guests order correctly and entered guest orders into the computer
Associate of Arts in Hospitality
XYZ COLLEGE, Portland, OR | 2009
- Microsoft Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Language: English and Conversational German
“I provide a perfect guest experience by creating a comfortable, energized, and friendly atmosphere.”