When you are writing a resume, your focus should be on convincing a hiring manager that no one better than you have ever applied for a job with the company.
The following middle school social studies teacher resume format will help you write one like this:
Middle School Social Studies Teacher Resume Example
188 Brookings Street, Spearfish, SD 18492
SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER
Experienced social studies teacher with exceptional skills in creating and implementing core curriculum following school protocols, and federal procedures and policies. Demonstrated expertise in developing lesson plans, keeping in mind the specific strengths and limitations of each student. Ability to teach courses in social studies, utilizing one core curriculum, along with appropriate learning activities.
|• Class Instruction||• Lesson Planning||• Curriculum Development|
|• Resource Development||• Behavior Management||• Project-based Work|
|• Student Needs Assessment||• Individual Attention||• Process Improvement|
|• Needs Identification||• Project Planning||• Skills Development|
• Singlehandedly created an entire social studies project, to provide students with a broader view of 5 early civilizations.
• Led a social studies presentation, which was considered highly successful on an academic level.
• Successfully developed a balanced social studies program, which involved factual background materials, through extensive research.
• Identified a particularly useful method of engaging students in learning difficult dates, related to history.
Social Studies Teacher
Forte Middle School, Spearfish, SD [2010-Present]
• Work with the school administration to create and implement core social studies curriculum.
• Develop lesson plans according to the specific requirements of the student population.
• Implement lesson plans in a way that they remain useful for the varying strengths and limitations of each student.
• Provide students with one on one assistance to make sure that they understand concepts related to social studies.
• Instruct students in citizenship and primary subject matter specified in state law, and administrative regulations.
• Provide both individual and small group instruction on concepts such as water cycle, weather, soil, and living things.
• Create resources for social studies instruction, ensuring that all areas are adequately covered.
• Oversee the work of students, assisting them in working with, and understanding complex concepts.
Blue Springs Middle School, Spearfish, SD [2005-2010]
• Assisted in developing and implementing lesson plans, to meet the individual needs of each student.
• Created learning resources to support in teaching complex courses, and subjects.
• Oversaw student behavior within the classroom, and in playgrounds, ensuring that proper intervention was performed where required.
• Checked students’ classwork, assisting them in understanding and working with complex concepts.
• Ascertained that students’ records were kept updated and were stored confidentially.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies
South Dakota State University, Spearfish, SD