How to Write an Interview-Winning Resume for Substitute Teacher Position?
The following 6 tips and 2 samples will help you write a compelling resume.
- Start your resume with an elementary teacher career summary statement to give a snapshot of your professional teaching career.
- Mention your teaching skills, education, and experience using bullets points under suitable headings.
- Make a brief yet comprehensive resume showcasing your relevant background.
- Write clear and short sentences using a legible font such as Ariel.
- Use keywords that are specific to the teaching field.
- Write descriptive phrases using strong action words.
Substitute Teacher Resume Sample 1
(6+ Years Experience)
6770 Cherry Tree Lane, Lennox, CA 89392
Focused on inspiring students in all aspects of life.
Dedicated Substitute Teacher with 11+ years’ hands-on experience in creating, managing, and delivering lesson plans and implementing school curriculum. Track record of providing a fully supportive and caring environment for students. A tactful individual who exercises control and maintains classroom discipline at all times.
- Planned and prepared the children for a tableau the annual parent’s day successfully when the lead teacher was on leave.
- Initiated a graphics display system of each child’s progress in the form of graphs in respective portfolios which was highly commended.
- Enhanced class performance and participation of a mainstream dyslexic child by 40% through individual attention and well-researched learning facilitation.
- Earned the most helpful aide award during the first year of employment.
- Assisted lead teacher in several activities involving the renovation of the classroom environment during holidays and devising of 21st-century technology integrated classroom teaching support activities.
EDJOIN, Lennox, CA (6/2010 – Present)
- Conduct teaching and classroom activities in the absence of the lead teacher.
- Follow the given lesson plans while implementing and utilizing supportive activities.
- Maintain progress records of all children in their respective portfolios.
- Develop and submit timely lesson planners based on the curriculum in the absence of the primary teacher.
- Keep the bulletin board updated as per the ongoing and upcoming topics of the class.
THE LEARNING SCHOOL, Lennox, CA (7/2008 – 5/2010)
- Developed and maintained positive relationships with students and parents.
- Participated in all classroom and lesson planning activities.
- Facilitated the teacher in lesson plan implementation and record keeping.
- Assisted lead teachers in imparting instruction according to set lesson plans.
- Observed students to ensure appropriate classroom behavior and promptly addressed unruly behavior.
- Provided assistance to students with their class assignments and in learning new concepts.
- Supervised students during outdoor activities and lunch hours.
- Designed and developed teaching aids to help students learn new ideas.
Associate of Science in Education
MISSION COLLEGE, Lennox, CA
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Lesson Planning
– Progress Reporting
– Communication with Parents
– Relationship Building
– Notebook Marking
– Record Keeping
– Activity Facilitation
– Classroom Management
– Play Time Supervision
Substitute Teacher Resume Sample 2
(1-5 Years Experience)
8977 Fielding Ave, Beverly Hills, CA 87211
Energetic and highly organized Substitute Teacher with 4+ years of extensive experience in planning and imparting age-appropriate curriculum. Capable of teaching all subjects and grooming young minds.
- Lesson planning, implementation, and adaptation
- Handling misconduct
- Time management
- Student evaluation and assessment
- Cognitive developmental
Substitute Teacher (2018-Present)
ABC SCHOOL, Beverly Hills, CA
- Follow the given lesson plan and implement the same in the classroom.
- Conduct scheduled assessments and check them timely.
- Maintain a neat and clean record of all activities done in class.
- Adapt the lesson plan according to the needs of students.
- Communicate with the parents regularly regarding progress.
- Keep track of all home assignments submitted.
- Assist in various after school and co-curricular events as needed.
- Maintain student records of attendance and leave.
- Received the Most Dedicated Teacher award twice, in 2010 and 2013.
- Responsibly arranged various co-curricular events related to the literacy club during the last two years.
- Handled classroom instructions for an entire month in the absence of the lead teacher.
- Developed a series of teaching aids to assist students in learning complex concepts associated with English grammar.
Teacher’s Assistant (2016-2018)
PROSPECT HILL ACADEMY CHARTER SCHOOL, Chandler, AZ
- Studied lesson plans closely to determine ways of carrying out programs of study.
- Created classroom environments that were conducive to learning.
- Guided students to achieve outcomes outlined in the curriculum.
- Assisted students in understanding concepts introduced by the lead teacher.
- Provided support for classroom assignments and special projects.
- Oversaw students’ work and ensured that any behavior issues were handled promptly.
- Performed research work to develop learning materials and ensure that they were correctly implemented.
- Observed students to determine signs of distress and address their issues immediately.
- Supervised student activities during lunch and playtimes.
- Introduced a student record-keeping system that increased information management efficiency by 50%.
- Singlehandedly managed a class of students with special needs for two weeks.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Certificate of K-12 Teaching
Beverly Technical College, Beverly Hills, CA
State University, Beverly Hills, CA
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Lesson tweaking – Materials development
– Study program planning – Special needs
– Behavior management – Lunchroom duty
– Mentoring – Routine establishment
See also: Substitute Teacher Cover Letter Sample