Writing a cover letter for an entry level or recent graduate English Teacher Resume is rather a tricky task because you are lacking practical experience. Yet you have to convince prospective employer that you have sufficient skills and qualifications regarding the teaching position.
In your covering letter, always focus on your accomplishments and experience (summer, Internship or honorary). Refer to the example below which will give you a better idea.
English Teacher Cover Letter Sample – No Experience
363 Example Street
San Mateo, CA 21021
August 18, 2013
Ms. Sara Andrew
Senior Vice Principal
San Mateo Union High School District
San Mateo, CA 23620
Dear Ms. Andrew:
I am writing to apply for an English Teacher position at San Mateo Union High School District, in response to your recent advertisement. Along with my Master’s degree in English, California Techer’s License and six months’ of teaching internship experience, I am certain in my ability to become the most worthy teacher of San Mateo Union High School District.
Some of my key strengths include:
• Able to plan a program of study that meets the individual student’s needs, interests, and abilities
• Demonstrated ability to guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals
• Highly skilled in establishing clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and other activities
• Track record of encouraging, modeling and enforcing socially acceptable behavior in students
• Able to utilize practices that involves parents in the education of their child
I have a strong interest in pursuing my career in English teaching . With internship experiences working at both the elementary and high school levels, in addition to activities outside of the usual classroom, I offer you a blend of abilities and experiences. My primary classroom teaching experience was as a unpaid elementary school religion teacher at a local church where I worked for three months during high-school.
My resume is enclosed herewith for your consideration. Also, I will forward an official copy of my transcript together with references under a separate cover. I will contact you next week to talk about this opening of English teacher. In the mean time, I can be reached at (329) 999-9999 or via email at [Email Address].
Thank you for your consideration.
2. Recommendation Letter