Writing a cover letter for an entry-level or recent graduate English Teacher Resume is a tricky task because you will be competing with others who have lots of experience on their hands.
You have to convince the prospective employer that you have sufficient skills and qualifications to meet their expectations.
In your covering letter, focus on your accomplishments and experience (summer, Internship or honorary).
Refer to the example below which will give you a better idea.
English Teacher Cover Letter No Experience
363 Riveredge Street
San Mateo, CA 21021
November 18, 2020
Ms. Sara Andrew
Senior Vice Principal
San Mateo Union High School
74 Waterloo Street
San Mateo, CA 23620
Dear Ms. Andrew:
I am writing to apply for an English Teacher position at San Mateo Union High School, in response to your recent advertisement cited on indeed.com. With my Master’s degree in English, California Teacher’s License and six months of hands-on experience as a teaching assistant, I am certain in my ability to become the most dedicated teacher.
I have a strong interest in pursuing my career in English teaching. With knowledge of working at both the elementary and high school levels, in addition to activities outside of the usual classroom, I offer you a blend of talents and experiences. My primary classroom teaching experience was as an unpaid elementary school religion teacher at a local church where I worked for three months during high-school.
Some of my key strengths include:
- Able to plan programs of study that meets the individual student’s needs, interests, and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Highly skilled in establishing clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and other activities.
- Track record of encouraging, modeling, and enforcing socially acceptable behavior in students.
- Able to utilize practices that involve parents in the education of their child.
My resume is attached for your review. I am sending an official copy of my transcript along with references under a separate cover. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
2. Recommendation Letter
Recommended: English Teacher Skills