The most excellent cover letters for entry-level teachers with no experience come alive. That is to say; they contain traits of your personality in a way that your resume usually will not.
The hiring committee of the school district sees your cover letter as an indication of your interest in teaching, your written communication skills, and your aptitude to efficiently communicate with students.
How to Write a Teacher Cover Letter with No Experience?
- Demonstrate that you are very interested in working for a specific school district.
- Draw attention to your strengths and enthusiasm as a teacher.
- Express your passion for teaching for working with children and young adults of the specific grade level or subject you will teach.
Related: Teacher Resume No Experience
The following 3 samples will guide you on how to write an effective cover letter for an entry-level teacher resume.
Entry Level Teacher Cover Letter With No Experience (Sample 1)
56 St Catherine Lane
Boston, MA 52140
January 3, 2021
Ms. Sara Chris
St. Andrews School
547 New Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 84712
Dear Ms. Chris:
I learned about your need for a Mathematics Teacher at St. Andrews School with great interest because my qualifications, education, and skills closely align with your job description. My successful track record in the teaching profession coupled with a Master’s degree in Mathematics and secondary teaching certificate will help me efficiently contribute to the mission of St. Andrews School.
I am particularly interested in working for the St. Andrews School because of its commitment to provide excellent education, as evidenced by the favorable student and faculty ratio and high-tech classroom environment.
As a shining student at Boston College, I have done exceptionally well academically and worked unpaid as an assistant at the computer center, where I polished my interpersonal and communication skills.
My progressively responsible teacher assisting experiences have allowed me to get expertise in imparting the lessons to high school students. As co-advisor of the Computer Club throughout my practicum, I gained secretarial and managerial skills that improved my viewpoint and my dedication to the extra-curricular part of the secondary school setting.
I would be grateful for an opportunity to speak with you to discuss the results I could bring as a Mathematics Teacher. I will contact you next week to follow-up and can be reached at (000) 747-4543 in the interim.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.
New Entry Level Teacher No Experience Cover Letter Sample 2
340 NW Lane, Pasadena, CA 48992
susan @ email . com
January 3, 2021
Mr. Kristen Howard
Pacific Oaks School
9 Fielder Ave
Pasadena, CA 48992
Dear Mr. Howard:
As a dedicated and results-oriented Teacher with knowledge of lesson imparting and classroom management, I am applying for a Teacher position at Pacific Oaks School.
Below are some of my major qualifications, which perfectly complement your job description:
- Agile and vigilant, committed to delivering high-quality activity-based lessons.
- Unique ability to help develop ideas.
- Ample knowledge of children’s age-specific psychosocial and cognitive needs.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with parents, colleagues, and management regarding curriculum and its proper implementation.
- Adept at record-keeping and charting student’s progress in graphical form.
- Able to identify children’s special needs and cater to the same within mainstream classrooms.
As you require an active teacher who can engage students in activities and plan and deliver daily lessons in a highly effective manner. I firmly believe the blend of my lesson development and importation knowledge will help me make a positive contribution to the learning process of students.
All things considered, I would like to meet with you to discuss my talents in detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
New Teacher Cover Letter Sample 3
266 6th Street
Atlanta, GA 52447
June 27, 2019
Ms. Anna Burn
Atlanta, GA 56998
Dear Ms. Burn:
With a focused and robust interest to work for Mosaica Education, I have consistently visited your website seeking a teaching opportunity. Your yesterday’s listing for a teaching position caught my eye as it will allow me to apply my skills gained through graduate education and honorary experience working with children.
I have a range of teaching attributes that perfectly match the position you describe, including:
- Hands-on experience in teaching students as an entire class or in small groups.
- Highly skilled in planning lessons that teach students subjects, for example, reading and math.
- Demonstrated ability to assess students to weigh up their capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Substantial knowledge of working with individual students to teach them and overcome their weaknesses.
- Able to communicate with parents about their child’s progress.
I am delighted to offer these skills and abilities to your school district. I am confident that I would be able to teach your students through every aspect of the work and tasks that I take on.
Enclosed is my resume for your perusal, and I look forward to meeting with you to discuss this teaching position further. I will contact your office after a few days to follow-up on my job application.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Writing a teacher a cover letter, when you have no experience in hand, is a challenging task.
Since cover letters are a marketing tool, it is difficult to communicate the right potential as the candidate has no experience in hand. That is where transferrable skills come in.
Transferrable skills are those skills, which have been acquired over time by candidates through education and real-life experiences.
For a teaching position, for example, a knack for organizing things, teamwork, and excellent presentation skills will work well.
Convince the reader that you are capable of handling a class and knowledgeable enough to implement the lesson effectively.
Teaching positions in the USA requires the candidate to be certified and licensed, therefore, make sure you have a state-specific teaching license before you apply.
- ESL Teacher Cover Letter No Experience
- Chemistry Teacher Cover Letter No Experience
- Kindergarten Teacher Cover Letter No Experience
- Substitute Teacher Cover Letter No Experience
- Entry Level English Teacher Cover Letter