To be considered for an online teaching position, you have to make sure that your resume speaks volumes of your ability to work well in a virtual environment.
Specifically, the online teacher resume should hold information on your ability to create and implement online lesson plans. Experience in using technology to impart lessons should also be highlighted.
In order to be considered for an online teaching position, you must make sure that your resume holds information about previous experience in this capacity – or at least, some training in an online environment. Filling your online teacher resume with information on your ability to use resources such as Google Forms, and Hangouts Meet, Zoom or other such avenues will be an added advantage.
Due to the increasing demand for teaching online, there will be a lot of competition as well, so you have to come out on top by ensuring that your resume is excellently written.
The following sample will guide you on how you can do this:
Sample Resume for Online Teacher
6 Oak Street, Olympia, WA21932
Resourceful and meticulous teacher, with 5 years of experience in imparting education in an online capacity. Highly skilled in developing lesson plans to meet the individual needs of each student. Able to handle group, as well as one on one classes. Deep knowledge of using technology to develop teaching materials, and effectively delivering subject matter information to each student.
Lesson Plan Designing | Education Imparting
Resource Development | Assignment Creation
Marking and Grading | Student Engagement
Discipline Maintenance | Student Performance Assessment
Attendance Tracking | Course Introduction
Technology Savviness | Glitch Handling
• Introduced the concept of online monitoring, as a result, increased student assessment quality.
• Singlehandedly managed a class of 22 students for 3 months, owing to school shut-downs.
• Successfully completed the entire class curriculum within the provided timeline.
Full Bloom, Olympia, WA
Jun 2018 – Present
• Create the class curriculum pertaining to set subject matters.
• Develop and implement lesson plans for each class or individual students.
• Use online resources to provide students with information on subject matters.
• Use technology such as Google Meet, Google Classrooms, and Google Forms to impart education.
• Teach concepts to students based on their specific learning abilities.
• Administer online practice sessions and tests as required.
• Grade students’ assignments and tests in accordance with online marking systems.
• Provide students with information on what to expect during assessments.
• Assist students in determining their specific learning goals.
• Assess students on a regular basis and create reports.
Olympia Education Island, Olympia, WA
Apr 2013 – Jun 2018
• Greeted students as they arrived in the class, and performed ice-breaking activities.
• Imparted education to students in sync with subject matter requirements.
• Maintained discipline within the classrooms at all times.
• Monitored students to ensure that they were all on the same learning level.
• Administered and graded tests and exams.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Washington State University, Olympia, WA – 2009