Teaching online is the new normal now. Good online teachers are difficult to come by. So if you want to be hired as one, make sure that your cover letter is excellently written. It should highlight the fact that you are aware of handling the tools and technology that are needed to get the job done.
Your cover letter for an online teaching position should specifically chart out your skills in:
- Teaching the subject matter
- Handling technology glitches
- Teaching group classes, as well as on a one on one basis
- Creating lesson plans
- Effectively imparting education to your students
- Overseeing online tests and assignments following protocols
Take ideas from the following cover letter sample to write your own for an online teacher resume:
Sample Cover Letter for Online Teacher
July 21, 2020
Ms. Petra Hannigan
Human Resource Manager
329 Lake Road
Dear Ms. Hannigan:
I recently came across your website’s career section where I noticed that you are looking for an online teacher to represent your facility. I have been teaching in an online capacity since 2018, and feel that I am extremely well-suited for this position.
Over the last couple of years, I have mastered the art of teaching students in an online environment. Prior to that, I was working as a school teacher for 5 years, which is how I have comprehensive knowledge of handling subject matters, and curriculum development.
My specific teaching skills include the following:
- Highly experienced in developing core curriculum and lesson plans for specific online teaching programs.
- Effectively able to impart education to meet each students’ individual goals.
- Demonstrated ability to use applications and websites such as Google Classrooms and Zoom to provide students with a platform to learn.
- Exceptionally talented in making good use of technology to ensure that students meet their specific learning goals.
Since online teaching is not a novelty for me, I am positive that I will be able to contribute to your students’ learning success immediately. Moreover, I see myself fitting right into the system, owing to extensive knowledge of making excellent use of technological tools, and resources to deliver class instruction.
I would like to have a telephone or online interview so that I can further elaborate on my suitability for the job. Thank you for your time and consideration.