Middle school teachers provide instruction to students enrolled in middle year programs.
They develop age-appropriate curriculum and devise methods of imparting instruction with an aim to prepare students both educationally and socially.
They need to work closely with other teachers, school staff, and their students to impart outstanding learning processes. They do this by employing both standard and novel ways of delivering education using learning aids and equipment.
Resumes that reflect a middle school teacher’s ability to handle personal, social and behavioral development of students are preferred over standard resumes which is why it is important to highlight these abilities.
Sample Resume for Middle School Teacher
536 E 3rd Street, Trenton, NJ 89000
(000) 897-8586, Email
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER
Student-focused and organized Middle School Teacher with 8+ years’ extensive experience in providing instructional and curriculum development support to students of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Highly skilled in creating and sustaining a positive and structured school culture aimed at high academic expectations. Possess current teaching certificate in New Jersey. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
• Social Studies
• Ability to remain consistent and organized in a high-performing school environment.
• Strong skills in effectively imparting educational instruction.
• Positive attitude with high energy acumen aimed at providing educational excellence.
• Demonstrated class leadership and technological proficiency in using the latest learning aids and equipment.
• Introduced and built upon an intervention system designed to narrow the academic achievement gap for students with below-average performances.
• Replaced the conventional educational instruction system by introducing a variety of intellectually appropriate instructional materials, targeted at attaining academic excellence results from students who possess a varied range of emotional maturity.
• Implemented an innovative interactive program which brought students and teachers together to motivate students.
• Trained ten assistant teachers in providing classroom instruction and curriculum development activities.
Middle School Teacher
Hemet Middle School, Trenton, NJ | 2011 – Present
• Create curriculum for middle year programs targeted at subject development.
• Impart subject-specific instruction intended to bring student progress to present educational goals.
• Collaborate with staff and parents to improve the quality of student outcomes and achieve objectives.
• Manage student behavior and provide counseling to students.
• Assist students with managing class and home assignments.
• Ensure that each student is provided with the best in classroom support.
• Confer with parents to provide progress feedback and make suggestions for improvement.
• Plan exams and grade exam papers.
Teacher Assistant – Middle Years Program
Hemet School, Trenton, NJ | 2008 – 2011
• Provided lesson planning assistance to lead teacher.
• Assisted students in handling class assignments.
• Provided students with feedback on class work.
• Developed and distributed educational materials aimed at learning concepts.
• Counseled students and provided advice on behavior and school work.
• Monitored students in classrooms, field trips, and school grounds.
Bachelor of Arts in Education
Trenton University, Trenton, NJ – 2007
Current NJ Teaching Certification
Current driver’s license with a clean driving record