In the aggressive job market, it only makes sense to pay considerable attention to how you write your resume.
Old resume writing techniques usually not work these days. Something a little extra is now required to make sure that your resume is immediately accepted into the list of possible candidates.
That little extra has to be in what you write – the content. But the format cannot be ignored, so that needs to be paid attention to as well.
Picking up resume templates from the internet is not a good idea.
Here is a resume sample for a middle school math teacher that will help you write one along the same lines.
Middle School Math Teacher Resume Sample
37 Pine Drive, Wilsonville, OR 10283
cyb.cha @ email . com
Exceptionally well-informed and dedicated middle school teacher, with a deep understanding of mathematical concepts and their implementation. Proven lesson-imparting skills along with functional ability to handle students according to set behavioral rules. Well-versed in designing and implementing the middle school mathematics curriculum in sync with state laws.
• Documented success in imparting math lessons to meet each child’s individual learning needs.
• Adept at creating engaging lessons that develop students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in assessing student progress towards mastery of standards.
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
CENTRAL CHARTER SCHOOL, Wilsonville, OR
9/2012 – Present
• Create and implement a basic mathematics curriculum following the school’s and state’s requirements.
• Prepare lesson plans in sync with the mathematics curriculum and to meet the individual needs of each student.
• Impart lessons to help students understand mathematical concepts and their implementation.
• Assist students in tackling assignments and projects by providing them with clear instructions using the “edge-on” policy.
• Observe students to ensure that they are performing according to standards and address any need for intervention.
• Evaluate each student on an individual basis and document all evaluations.
• Prepare and implement activities-based mathematical lessons and assist students in learning how to master them.
• Provide counseling to struggling students intending to helping them understand their learning goals.
• Create assessment reports and communicate observations to parents.
• Incorporated a technologically advanced mathematics module into a series of lessons which increased students’ interest manifold.
• Implemented Reverse Education, a system that provided students with an opportunity to act as “teacher for a day” to help them understand the other side.
• Completely overhauled the existing math curriculum which was weak in essence and replaced it with one that was more focused.
• Conducted 5 activities-based learning workshops for parents to train them in helping their children with homework and projects.
PATHWAYS ACADEMY, Wilsonville, OR
1/2003 – 9/2012
• Assisted students in understanding mathematical concepts and provided them with support in implementing them.
• Provided support to lead teacher by leading lessons and helping in preparing lesson plans.
• Ensured that all students behave according to set behavioral policies.
• Performed research work and prepared materials and resources for teaching purposes.
Master’s Degree in Mathematics
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY, Wilsonville, OR – 2002
• Curriculum design • Lesson planning
• Periodic assessments • Technology integration
• Lesson modification • Lecture enhancement
• Reporting • Records management
Middle School Math Teacher Resume Sample 2
211 Kentucky Square
Durham, NC 56773
gabriel . edison @ email . com
MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH TEACHER
Energetic and resourceful math teacher with 7+ years’ track record of devising and implementing need-based lesson plans to address specific needs of each child and ensuring maximum student engagement. Full command over various concepts of mathematics including numeracy, trigonometry, algebra, and geometry. Proven skills in classroom technology integration, student mentoring, and remedial coaching.
• Lesson Planning
• Assignment Marking
• Standardized Test Preparation
• AV Aids Development
• Progress Charting
• Curriculum Development
• Instructional Strategies
• IEP Implementation
• Parental Communication
• One-on-one Coaching
• Lesson Implementation
• Classroom Management
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Middle School Math Teacher
NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC SCHOOL, Durham, NC
Jun 2012 – Present
• Plan, develop, and execute lessons that are reflective of the curriculum
• Gauge and evaluate student progress and keep track of the same
• Communicate and discuss students’ progress with parents regularly on PTMs
• Assess specific learning needs of the students and develop individualized instructional strategies to cater to the same
• Regularly give home assignments, mark the same and give feedback to the students
• Develop and revise grade-specific curricula, incorporating modern topics and contemporary teaching methodologies
Key Accomplishments and Results
• Enhanced overall student performance by 40% through the initiation of remedial classes
• Prepared the students for the National standardized examination in 2014 and secured the first and third position for the school
LIGHTHOUSE LEARNING ACADEMY, Durham, NC
May 2008 – Jun 2012
• Maintained an interactive classroom environment and regularly updated bulletin boards with relevant material
• Devised supportive learning AV aids
• Provided one on one tutoring to students with special needs
• Communicated home assignments and marked the same
• Supervised students as they practiced math drill exercises
• Reinforced the concepts of the week and conducted remedial coaching classes in the allotted time
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, Durham, NC – 2008
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• National Mathematics Society NMS, Durham, NC
• International Kangaroo Numeracy Society, IKNC, Durham, NC