In the aggressive job market, it only makes sense to pay considerable attention to how you write your resume. Unless you want to be defeated by the competition.
Old resume writing techniques usually not work these days. Something a little extra is now required to make sure that your resume is immediately accepted into the list of possible candidates.
That little extra has to be in what you write – the content. But the format cannot be ignored, so that needs to be paid attention to as well.
Picking up resume templates from the internet is not a good idea.
Here is a resume sample for a middle school math teacher that will help you write one along the same lines.
Middle School Math Teacher Resume Sample
37 Pine Drive, Wilsonville, OR 10283
cyb.cha @ email . com
Exceptionally well-informed and dedicated middle school teacher, with a deep understanding of mathematical concepts and their implementation. Proven lesson-imparting skills along with functional ability to handle students according to set behavioral rules. Well-versed in designing and implementing the middle school mathematics curriculum in sync with state laws.
• Documented success in imparting math lessons to meet each child’s individual learning needs.
• Adept at creating engaging lessons that develop students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in assessing student progress towards mastery of standards.
• Curriculum design • Lesson planning
• Periodic assessments • Technology integration
• Lesson modification • Lecture enhancement
• Reporting • Records management
• Incorporated a technologically advanced mathematics module into a series of lessons which increased students’ interest manifold.
• Implemented Reverse Education, a system which provides students with an opportunity to act as “teacher for a day” to help them understand the other side.
• Completely overhauled the existing math curriculum which was weak in essence and replaced with one that was more focused.
• Conducted 5 activities-based learning workshops for parents to train them in helping their children with homework and projects.
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
CENTRAL CHARTER SCHOOL, Wilsonville, OR
9/2012 – Present
• Create and implement a basic mathematics curriculum following the school’s and state’s requirements.
• Prepare lesson plans in sync with the mathematics curriculum and to meet the individual needs of each student.
• Impart lessons to help students understand mathematical concepts and their implementation.
• Assist students in tackling assignments and projects by providing them with clear instructions using the “edge-on” policy.
• Observe students to ensure that they are performing according to standards and address any need for intervention.
• Evaluate each student on an individual basis and document all evaluations.
• Prepare and implement activities-based mathematical lessons and assist students in learning how to master them.
• Provide counseling to struggling students intending to helping them understand their learning goals.
• Create assessment reports and communicate observations to parents.
PATHWAYS ACADEMY, Wilsonville, OR
1/2003 – 9/2012
• Assisted students in understanding mathematical concepts and provided them with support in implementing them.
• Provided support to lead teacher by leading lessons and helping in preparing lesson plans.
• Ascertained that all students behave according to set behavioral policies.
• Performed research work and prepared materials and resources for teaching purposes.
Master’s Degree in Mathematics
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY, Wilsonville, OR – 2002