A high school math teacher cover letter is a one-page document that you need to apply for a job (alongside your CV or Resume).
Its purpose is to introduce you and briefly describe your professional teaching background, as well as relevant skills and knowledge.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for High School Math Teacher Position?
- Be creative when writing a cover letter.
- Read the job description provided by the employer.
- Address your cover letter the hiring manager.
- Povide information about your core competencies, skills, accomplishments and experiences.
- Show how you will be able to work for the prospective school by using your skills, knowledgeand experiences.
Here is an example for you to get ideas from:
High School Math Teacher Cover Letter Example
632 8th Street
Akron, OH 12411
December 9, 2021
Mr. Danial Cliff
Skyline High School
1121 Myresville Road
Akron, OH 09711
Dear Mr. Cliff:
I’m excited by the possibility of joining Skyline High School as a Mathematics Teacher. With my Master’s Degree in Mathematics and 8 years of extensive teaching experience, I will be able to bring the best results amd make a significant contribution.
Implementing a variety of effective mathematical strategies consistent with lesson objectives is one of my strong points as a math teacher.
To support this information, here is a list of just some of my qualifications as they relate to the position of a high school math teacher. I hope this brief account of my knowledge and experience intrigues you as well:
- Planning, developing, and executing mathematics lessons that reflect the school district’s curriculum and core educational standards.
- Adapting mathematics curriculum for individual, small groups, and remedial instruction to meet the specific needs of identified students.
- Evaluating the academic and social growth of each assigned student, and his or her ability to meet course standards in mathematical skills.
- Employing a variety of methodologies in teaching including demonstrations, discussions, and student involvement.
Aware of Skyline High School’s high standards of teaching, I am positive that my teaching methodologies are at par with your requirements. I will call you after a few days to follow up on my job application. If you need to reach me, I am available at (000) 253-4214.
Thank you for your time and consideration.