Assessing your skills might be the first step in English Teacher Resume writing.
On the other hand, you need to assess the employer’s needs.
Once you have ensured the employer’s expectations of the position, the next step can be to analyze your profile and dig out the relevant competencies or the closest skills you have to offer.
These will take some space in your summary and are also the ones that will be highlighted the most throughout the document.
Another component that is second in importance (after the employer-centered skills) is your achievements section.
Make sure you highlight some of your accomplishments that speak highly of your potential as a High School English Teacher.
See also: High School English Teacher Cover Letter
High School English Teacher Resume Example
766 Jinx Ave | Seattle, WA 23988
HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER
English teacher with 6+ years’ successful experience in lesson planning, curriculum development, and student management. Determined to deliver extraordinary results for all students. Demonstrated ability to educate students at a globally competitive level. Possess WA Teaching License.
• Committed to high standards of excellence in program expansion and classroom instruction
• Skilled in lesson designing, imparting and grading
• Demonstrated ability to set up competitive exams based on diverse questioning techniques
• Well versed in managing class control and student behavior
• Expert in motivating students to take part in healthy co-curricular activities
York High School, Seattle, WA | 2011 – Present
• Plan weekly lessons based on the curriculum and get the same approved timely
• Incorporate modern technology in daily lessons
• Maintain a positive relationship with all students, providing healthy feedback
• Participate in syllabi setting meetings
• Revised the High School English Curriculum for grade 7 and 8, integrating 21st-century classroom skills and technological aids to the same
• Earned the award of ‘Most Responsible Teacher’ in 2012
St. Mary’s Convent, WA | 2007 – 2011
• Delivered daily lessons as per schedule
• Graded the work of students and marked their assignments
• Assisted in the management of school functions and events
• Hosted an international conference of English Teachers on behalf of the convent, held in 2009
• Delivered efficient counseling services and reverted three students from the verge of delinquency through effective rapport building and timely counseling
The University of Washington, Seattle, WA | 2007
Adolescent Counseling Diploma
ABC College, Seattle, WA | 2008
• CPR Trained
• Excellent communication skills
• Bilingual: English, Spanish
• Computer: MS Office Applications, Database