When writing a resume skills section, candidates are often tempted to boast their skills which may be irrelevant to the arts teacher job and it is easy to slip off the track. What candidates must understand is that relevance is very crucial in resume writing, especially when it comes to the skills section. Following are two tips to guide you regarding how to present your job relevant skills in a more effective manner in your resume.
Substantiate your resume skills by the right key words: Skills that sound otherwise meaningless suddenly become all important if industry specific, appropriate vocabulary is incorporated in the statement. Look up some relevant, employer specific key terms and see where these can be added in your sentences as you explain your competencies.
Express your skills in action: Just a list of the skills you offer is not enough. Make sure these are complemented by relevant quantified accomplishments in the professional achievements section. Employers like to see proof of your claims.
Below are some sample skills for art teacher resume.
• Track record of instructing students about basic sketching and contouring techniques
• Well versed in evaluating students’ work, charting their progress, grading assignments and guiding them regarding their weaknesses appropriately
• Hands-on experience in curriculum development, lesson planning and implementation with aid of modern and effective AV aids and instructional strategies
• Expert in instructing students about working in various modes including pastels, oil colors, water colors, fabric paints, charcoal and pencil
• Adept at creating and maintaining a highly stimulating, inspiring and multicultural classroom environment
• Proven ability to introduce novel forms of art and inculcate the same in the curriculum effectively
• Demonstrated ability to enhance creativity among students by encouraging innovation, novelty and originality in their pieces of art
• Familiar with various kinds of pixel sheets, sketching paper and art material, fully capable of determining age specific art material and techniques, suitable for assigned level and grades of children
• Known for initiating, designing and implementing various art contests at the school to encourage a general appreciation for art among students
• Competent at identifying course goals and fulfilling the same in collaboration with students, teachers and parents
• Proven skills in lesson planning, curriculum implementation, technique instruction, practice facilitation and assignment communication
• Profound knowledge of various advanced level 3D effect art techniques
• Strong classroom management, organization and discipline control skills
• Profound ability to devise innovative learning and instructional techniques to facilitate effective transfer of skill and knowledge
• Proficient in use of computer to aid art work, familiar with various graphic designing and drawing enhancement software