It is not often that hiring managers come across resumes that they truly like. Usually, they skim through resumes because they have to, in order to come up with possible candidates for a job.
But imagine if they are presented with resumes that really pique their interest – how would such a resume be different from others?
Let’s pick up the first thing that matters to hiring managers – the opening sentence or section of a resume, aka the objective.
A resume objective is the most overlooked part of the document (by job seekers), and it is also a part that hiring managers look most forward to reading.
Mostly, a resume objective is sufficient to convince a hiring manager that your resume is worthy of a read – that is, if the objective that you have written is something to write home about! Not all resume objectives are considered great reads.
In fact, many of them are just mere adornments on top of resumes, and do not offer much information. The purpose of writing a resume objective is to break the ice, and introduce the applicant to the person who is reading the resume. If this mission is accomplished, there is a great chance that the hiring manager will read the rest of the resume as well. If not, he or she is most likely to pick up the next resume.
Some examples of resume objectives for a middle school science teacher position are provided below:
Sample Objectives for Middle School Science Teacher Resume
• Desire a position as a Middle School Science Teacher at The Summit Academy School utilizing exceptional skills in developing and implementing core science curriculum and imparting knowledge through well-placed lesson plans.
• Seeking a Middle School Science Teacher position at Zion Elementary School. Bringing a successful track record of imparting education, based on well-developed lesson plans. Develops and administers a wide variety of assessments aimed at measuring students’ academic growth.
• Looking for a position as a Middle School Science Teacher at KIPP Foundation. Offers expertise in creating instructional resources, planning, preparing and delivering instructional activities, and creating positive learning environments for students.
• Resourceful, experienced, and patient Middle School Science Teacher seeking a position at Great Oaks Charter Schools. Offering exceptional proficiencies in creating and modifying lesson plans according to the specific requirements of each student, and ensuring that all assigned students are provided with clarity regarding scientific concepts.
• To obtain a Middle School Science Teacher position with St. Peter’s High School using well-placed insight into developing science curriculum and lesson plans, and imparting education according to specified academic protocols.