As a candidate for an event planner position, you might be having the required caliber and skills required for the job.
But if these are not amply reflected in your resume, your candidacy does not stand a chance in today’s aggressive job market.
How to Write Great Skills Statements on an Event Planner Resume?
Here are some tips that can prove to be helpful in this regard:
- Only focus on skills that the prospective employers deem relevant in reference to their current needs.
- Use the keywords and terminology used by the recruiter in the event planner job description.
The following are 20 sample skills statements to use in an event planning resume.
Event Planner Hard Skills Statements for Resume
- Skilled in developing various themes and events while keeping the client’s preferences in mind
- Strong organizational, time management, and task prioritization skills along with insightful ability to complete projects flawlessly on a strict timeline in limited budget
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, profound ability to negotiate productive deals with vendors
- Apt at idea conception, project outline development, theme approval, vendor negotiations, and event marketing
- Track record of delivering high-quality thematic event planning services and attaining 100% client satisfaction
- Well versed in meeting with clients, discussing the event details, and developing a clear understanding of their expectations
- Strong presentation skills using multimedia and graphic software to demonstrate sample themes
- Great attention to detail, fully able to manage given budget effectively
- A special knack for developing ample marketing strategies for social events and implementing the same real-time, through social media and other advertisement channels
- Diverse knowledge of different cultures of the world, hands-on experience in planning cross-cultural weddings and multinational conferences catering to expected norms from both sides
- Expert in menu setting, venue selection, décor supervision, theme setting, and project promotion
- Well practiced in overseeing the team of vendors, service suppliers, photographers, caterers and helpers
- Hands-on experience in coordinating various non-government organization based fundraising and donor communication activities
- Strong numeracy skills with proven ability to manage budgets up to $15M effectively
- Particularly effective in devising print material, social media, and TV/radio ad-based campaigns for promotion of social events
- Demonstrated ability to design invites, make stay and travel arrangements for the guests and remind them regarding important dates
- Expert in pre-planning, onsite management, and post-program evaluation
- Ability to work autonomously while maintaining a dynamic work environment and keeping up a motivational team spirit among the employees