A retention specialist is a person whose task is to retain customers by ensuring that their business experience is delightful and to remove any concerns.
It is a demanding job and to qualify the candidate must have exceptional people skills.
In order to apply for this job, you will need to craft an excellent resume.
On average, a resume gets a maximum 2-minute attention span from the employer.
Considering you have just 2 minutes to impress the prospective employer, you definitely need a good resume.
How to Write a Great Resume for Retention Specialist Job?
Here are some tips to help you write a great resume:
- Focus on relevant skills and qualifications
- Highlight your quantified achievements
- Mention your recent experience first
- Start your resume with an appealing career summary statement
- Use a simple format
Below is a sample resume for a retention specialist position.
Retention Specialist Resume Example
89 Galaxy Avenue
Irvine CA 34444
sharon .cooper @ email .com
Highly persuasive and dynamic Retention Specialist with 5 years of successful experience in delivering satisfactory customer services in high-pressure situations. Known for meaningful dialogue engagement with clients to resolve their grievances and retain their accounts.
• Inbound Retention • Conflict resolution
• Initiating contact • Negotiation
• Upselling • Claim Investigation
WE CARE Health Insurance, Irvine, CA
April 2020 – Present
• Saved a contract worth 50000$ through timely problem solving, a responsive attitude, and persuasion skills.
• Implemented a step-wise claim follow-up procedure, reducing customer complaint resolution time by 50%.
• Conducted an awareness campaign and enticed 3 high-volume contracts from various companies exceeding the sales target by 100%.
• Initiated, resolved, and followed-up customer complaints and issues related to services.
• Interacted with customers on phone and in person to collect information about their grievances and problems.
• Kept records of all calls and complaints and filled out relevant follow-up forms to conduct inquiries and rectify the problem.
• Assessed the credibility of received complaints by analyzing all data of visits and transactions made.
• Entertained incoming customers, actively listened to their problems, and guided them about relevant services and costs after assessing their needs.
Assistant Retention Officer
Talk Time Mobile Service, Irvine, CA
August 2017- March 2020
• Exceeded sales targets by $5000 per month by upselling services and data packages.
• Listened to customer complaints and claims and forwarded them to the relevant departments for processing.
• Kept record of all complaints and followed up the same.
• Explained the problems to the customers, and stayed in touch with them until the problem was resolved.
• Assisted in paperwork related to claim processing and refund.
• Attended incoming calls and guided customers about various services and packages being offered by the company.
Associate of Arts in Psychology
ABC College, Irvine CA