Bar Server Resume Guidelines
A Bar Server Resume should focus on your hospitality experience, customer service, and communication skills, and knowledge of industry standards.
Even if the resort, restaurant or bar to which you are thinking to apply has a manual application form that can be printed, it is still a good practice to include a typed resume that consists of a section for your summary of qualifications, accomplishments, education, experience and specialized skills.
The following sample resume for a bar server position is designed in keeping with the current resume trends.
This example contains all the information which employers seek in a bar server.
Feel free to modify it as per job requirements and your skills.
See also: Bar Server Cover Letter
Bar Server Resume Example
58 Example 5th Street, Beverly Hills, CA 65228
Poised to providing prompt and courteous service to the patrons to maximize the number of returning guests and increase revenue.
• 6+ years’ progressive experience in the hospitality industry.
• Profound ability to greet customers, guide them to their seats, and hand them bar menu.
• Highly skilled in serving food and drinks to customers.
• Proven ability to set tables for new customers.
• Well-versed in replenishing and stocking service stations, cabinets, and tables.
• Hands-on experience in preparing and cleaning assigned work areas.
• Demonstrated ability to clean tables and dining areas.
• Able to respond to customers’ questions regarding menu items and specials.
• Designed and implemented a new serving strategy that increased efficiency by 25%.
• The server of the month – May 2018
Keller Restaurant – Beverly Hills, CA | May 2012 – Present
• Welcome guests and take beverage and food orders in a quick and professional manner
• Serve cocktails and menu items to patrons
• Carry out pre and post-shift side-work
• Stock and replenish service station
• Fold and stack cocktail napkins
• Complete customer payment transactions in accordance with cash and charge procedures
• Clear and clean bar area and tables in a timely and efficient manner
Steamboat Company – Memphis, TN | Mar 2010 – May 2012
• Coordinated with Bartender and kitchen staff for ordering and receipt of food and beverages
• Assisted Bartender in preparation of fruits and garnishes
• Monitored and anticipated guests’ needs
• Cleaned and wiped down walls, windows, stools, tables, chairs, mirrors, and floors
• Babysitter – ABC Agency, Memphis, TN – Summer 2009
• [Mention non-relevant employments here]
High School Diploma
St Anthony’s Public Schools, Memphis, TN – 2009
• Excellent communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• MS Word and Excel
• POS System