A great Nurse Manager resume can capture the attention of the hiring manager and help you get a nurse manager interview. Selecting a professional online sample for your resume is an important step in creating a professional resume.
With this in mind, take a look at the following sample to get a better idea of how to write a nurse manager’s resume. This example contains a summary, highlights, skills, experience, and education section.
See also: Nurse Manager Cover Letter
Nurse Manager Resume Example
822 Cushman Road, NE, Olympia, WA 75877
Serving as a teacher, mentor, and coach to staff, patients, and team members to optimize patient outcomes.
Over 18 years’ successful track record of working as a nurse manager and administrator in busy healthcare settings. Proficient in setting objectives, and planning and organizing activities.
- Ability to analyze critical situations and takes prudent decisions for the safety and wellbeing of stakeholders.
- Special talent for collaborating with the healthcare teams to maintain standards for professional nursing practices.
- Known to establish accurate standards of care and practice.
- Skilled in prioritizing goals and action plans and ensuring the appropriate number and skill mix of staff.
- Focused on care philosophy objectives and scope of practice.
- Recruited a team of healthcare professionals and trained them in record time to take over the new wing of the Olympia Health Hospital.
- Managed to save the lives of two accident patients simultaneously by providing state of the art emergency services in the nick of time.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
✓ Staff Recruitment ✓ Policies Implementation
✓ Infection Control ✓ Staff Orientation
✓ Budgets Preparation ✓ Patient Confidentiality
✓ Facility Monitoring ✓ Problem Solving
✓ HIPAA Guidelines ✓ Communication
Olympia Health Hospital – Olympia, WA | Jan 2012 – Present
- Ensure the provision of high-quality nursing care
- Assign nursing tasks to each member of the nursing staff after evaluating the needs of each patient
- Assess patient emergencies and assist in providing first aid support
- Monitor achievement of facility goals as outlined in the quality plan
- Generate and monitor the nursing unit budget, check variances and create an action plan for improvement
- Lead organizational initiatives that promote patients, families and workplace safety and favorable patient outcomes
City Healthcare – Olympia, WA
Dec 2009 – Jan 2012
- Contributed to the positive image of the facility and enhanced their culture of excellence
- Demonstrated professional behavior both in the office and the community
- Recruited, developed and evaluated team members
- Created a friendly environment that resulted in care excellence as evidenced by outperforming national benchmarks
- Resolved patient and staff issues by the decisive intervention
- Directed and monitored nursing units and programs
- Trained new and existing staff.
MBA (Healthcare Management)
University of Washington, Olympia, WA – 2001
BS Degree in Nursing
Olympia Nursing College, Olympia, WA – 1999