Writing an effective resume for secretary position – that gets you an interview call – is a daunting task, and not everyone can create a compelling resume.
Despite the fact that resume writing is difficult, it is a mandatory document that should be submitted with every job application.
• Compelling Introduction: Start your resume with a convincing profile or summary statement that states precisely why you are the best candidate for the secretary position.
• Relevancy: Nobody has time to read irrelevant and boring resumes. Therefore exclude any irrelevant experience and qualifications.
See also: Secretary Resume Sample 1
765 Central Avenue • Glendale, AZ 83292 • (006) 444–3333 • [Emai]
❖❖ SECRETARY ❖❖
Known for multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
Detail-oriented Secretary with 7+ years’ successful track record of working above and beyond the call of duty. A dependable and resourceful individual who has a demonstrated ability to work efficiently under minimum supervision. Exceptional time management, task prioritization, and meeting coordination skills. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
CORE SECRETARIAL COMPETENCIES
|• Greeting Visitors||• Answering Phone||• Database Management|
|• Departmental Coordination||• Calendar Keeping||• Office Assistance|
|• Administrative Support||• Liaison||• Reception Handling|
|• Stay/Travel Arrangements||• Appointment Scheduling||• Correspondence Handling|
• Prepare and organize all paperwork for meetings and conferences.
• Arrange travels for delegates and executives.
• Maintain calendar and diary and set appointments for meetings.
• Serve as liaison between employees and management.
• Forward and process customer complains professionally.
• Draft weekly operation reports, and submit the same to senior management.
Key Results and Achievements
• Enhanced employee productivity by 20% through implementation of effective SOPs for daily operations.
• Reduced mail processing time by 10 minutes on average by implementing a fast, semi-automated mail sorting software.
• Organized an international conference comprising of 200+ participants single-handedly, making the excellent stay and travel arrangements for all delegates and speakers.
• Received and distributed correspondence in a timely manner.
• Answered telephone calls and scheduled appointments.
• Replenished office supplies and stationery as needed.
• Maintained all files, employee and client data neatly organized and archived in the office.
• Managed online database and updated client and employee information regularly.
• Took meeting minutes and coordinated interdepartmental communications.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Glendale, AZ – 2008
Associates of Arts in Office Management
• Word, Excel Spreadsheets, MS Access, Outlook
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Typing speed 60 wpm
• SAP and ERP
Last updated on