Your resume for a hotel receptionist position is a summary of your qualifications, skills, and expertise. Likewise, your cover letter is a great marketing tool to sell your skills.
The purpose of writing a hotel receptionist cover letter is to demonstrate why your background uniquely qualifies you for the job. If the prospective employer likes your cover letter, there will be a good chance that they will consider you.
How to Write a Cover Letter for Hotel Receptionist?
- Firstly, see the job description provided by the employer; it will help you build a targeted cover letter.
- Tailor your cover letter’s content as per the requirements of a specific hotel.
- Write meaningful and logical terms and phrases.
- Build your cover letter using a standard business letter format.
- Use 11 – 12 pt font size with a simple font.
Related: Hotel Receptionist Resume
See the following example to get more ideas.
Sample Cover Letter for Hotel Receptionist
9 6th Street South
Bethel, CT 02311
July 18, 2020
Ms. Amy Hathaway
2 Some Quaker Ave
Bethel, CT 02355
Dear Ms. Hathaway:
If you are looking for a self-motivated Hotel Receptionist with a strong work ethic to join your team at The Regency, I respectfully request your consideration of my enclosed resume. As my education, skills, and experiences match your job description, I am certain that I would be able to immediately contribute to the success of your hotel.
My skill set spans a multitude of areas to comprehensively manage the front desk operations. I can maintain a friendly and welcoming attitude at all times. Moreover, my hands-on experiences polished my capability of handling customers with professionalism while resolving their problems quickly.
Specifically, I am highly skilled in:
- Informing guests about the availability of rooms.
- Allotting the best place in keeping with the budget of the guest.
- Verifying the identity of the guests to make sure no unsavory guests are being permitted to lodge in the hotel.
- Maintaining and updating guest information in the company provided software as well as hard copies.
Besides, I am familiar with PABX and computerized reservations and complaints systems. Not to mention, I am an excellent communicator in English and Spanish, which helps me deal with guests in a multicultural environment.
Owing to my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I feel confident that I would quickly exceed your expectations. I will call you next week to set up an interview. Meanwhile, if you have any questions, I will be available at (000) 524-8754.
Thank you for your time and consideration.