Administrative assistants perform various secretarial and organizational duties to support executives and managers.
They use computer software, including MS Office Suite, to create spreadsheets, compose messages, handle databases, and PowerPoint presentations, reports, and documents.
They also required conferring with vendors, buying supplies, managing stockrooms or commercial libraries, and getting data from a variety of sources. Private and public sector organizations employ them.
What is a Skills-based or Functional Resume for an Administrative Assistant?
A skills-based resume for an administrative assistant position is more than a list of past experiences and accomplishments
As a matter of fact, it is a carefully created presentation of your summary of qualifications, secretarial knowledge, skills, and strengths that complement the needs of a prospective employer or graduate chair.
This format is suitable for experienced and entry-level candidates with no experience in hand, as well as career changers.
How to Write an Administrative Assistant Skills Resume?
- In order to make an effective skills-based or functional resume for the administrative assistant job, you’ll need to see the job description provided by prospective employer carefully.
- Relate your skills, capabilities, and experiences in a way that meet perfectly with the employer’s requirements.
- Build your resume in a compelling yet straightforward format that demonstrates your ability to write and communicate clearly.
- Use professional language and relevant keywords to show your awareness of the company and field.
- Tailor your resume per employer’s requirements and keep a copy for your records and future reference.
- Print on the same professional paper used for your cover letter.
- Triple check for grammar and punctuation.
- Entry-level candidates should write a one-page resume while experienced candidates may prolong it to 2 – 3 pages.
Administrative Assistant Skills Resume Sample
21 Jackson Ave, Raleigh, NC 25541
❖❖ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ❖❖
An accurate, thorough, and persistent individual, seeking a position as an Administrative Assistant with NEC Corporation. Offers exceptional communication, secretarial, and problem-solving skills to bring a remarkable change in the overall efficiency of the office.
- Over six years’ varied and increasingly responsible experience in secretarial capacities
- Highly skilled in greeting customers and answering phone calls
- Proven ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in an efficient manner
- Thorough knowledge of written English; grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation
|• Customer service|
• Correspondence handling
• Letter drafting
• Multicultural interaction
|• Record maintenance|
• Events coordination
• Travel arrangements
• Office procedures
|• Transcribing dictation|
• Staff training
• Minutes of Meetings
• Supplies management
Office Equipment: Fax machines, photocopiers, video conferencing, PABX systems, and general office equipment
Computer: Spreadsheets, word processing, database management, typing speed: 60 WPM
MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
AA INC, Raleigh, NC ~ 7/2014 – Present
- Prepare, record, check and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and relevant material
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Organize travel schedules and book reservations
- Determine and launch office procedures
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material
- Co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Set up and uphold manual and automated information filing systems.
- Order workplace supplies and maintains the record
- Schedule and verify appointments and meetings with managers
- Trained and coordinated internees which resulted in $11,000 rise in revenue
- Achieved Employee of the Month Award – May 2018
ABC COMPANY, Santa Monica, CA ~ 4/2011 – 7/2014
- Answered telephone and electronic inquiries
- Forwarded telephone calls and messages to the appropriate person
- Greeted visitors, determine nature of dealing, and send visitors to correct person
- Compiled data, statistics, and supplementary information to maintain research activities
- Reorganized administrative procedures, shortening process time by 30%
- Designed and implemented new strategies which increased sales by 25%
AAS, General Office Administration
ABC COLLEGE – Raleigh, NC – 2010