Cover letters for Church Secretary Resume need to be written in keeping with the needs of the employer.
A cover letter needs to express interest and information about the secretary position that you apply for. Make sure that your cover letter is not sketchy and does not end up in someone’s junk.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for Church Secretary Position?
- Familiarize yourself with church terminology and keywords and add the same in the text of your letter. The job advertisement will guide you in this regard.
- Make a note of all required skills and enlist some of your qualifications that are the employer’s priority.
- Convey motivation, interest, and professionalism.
- Demonstrate your analytical skills in the writing by catering your letter to suit the specific industry you are applying in.
Here are two sample cover letters for a church secretary position to guide you accordingly.
Church Secretary Cover Letter Sample 1
544 Roselyn Sq
Wheeling, WV 26005
henry @ email . com
December 16, 2021
Pastor Jacob Meyers
HR In Charge
Good Shepherd Church
4677 Cemetery Lane
Wheeling, WV 26005
Dear Mr. Meyers:
While going through your job requirements for the position of church secretary at Good Shepherd Church, I felt as if it was an exact print of my qualifications:
– 4+ years’ first-hand experience in designing, editing, printing, and promoting weekly, monthly, and quarterly church bulletins, activity calendars, newsletters, and brochures.
– Demonstrated ability to perform daily church office duties; greeting visitors, attending phone calls, and handling daily correspondence.
– Well-versed in performing clerical tasks including typing, letter writing, faxing, photocopying, and the like.
– Effective in using all office-related databases, MS Publisher, MS Office suite, windows (all versions), and various applications of outlook.
Additionally, I am well-practiced in schedule management, record keeping, maintenance of committee files, and monitoring of liturgical programs. As my enclosed resume shows, I am also adept at planning and implementing various church activities, coordinating the same from conception to creation of welcome packs, promotion among the community, and actual program induction.
I’d like to meet with you to learn more about the position. I shall call you this Friday to answer any queries you might have regarding my qualifications and, possibly, to set up an interview date and time.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Church Secretary Cover Letter Sample 2
887 Shammas Way
Marstons Mills, MA 34344
December 16, 2021
Mr. Peter Penne
Gailee Baptist Church
123 Shelton Road
Brockton, MA 11112
Dear Mr. Penne:
Mr. John Doe, who is a fellow member of Gailee Baptist Church, told me that there is a vacant post of a Church Secretary for which I would like to offer my services. I am also a member of the Gailee Baptist Church and reside on Shelton Road myself.
I was working as a Church Secretary until about six months ago when I moved to Brockton from Franklin and had since been looking for a position in this capacity. My duties at my previous post consisted of general office management, maintaining a ministry office area, assisting with the Pastor and church calendars along preparing, proofreading, printing, and disbursing weekly bulletins. I am a responsible, engaging, motivated, and self-directed individual and feel that I may be the candidate that you are looking for to fill this post.
As a detail-oriented and energetic individual, I would like to submit my resume as the first step in securing this position. I will discuss this opportunity with you when I see you personally at the Sunday Mass and will be available to talk at (000) 999-9999 if you wish to speak to me earlier than that.
Thank you for taking out the time from a busy schedule and looking through this letter.