A professional or profile summary is an integral part of a resume for a secretary position. The summary section generally comes on the top of the resume after the candidate’s contact details.
This section is critical because employers often decide whether or not they will read the whole document based on the impression the summary creates.
A successful professional summary attracts the recruiter to read your resume in detail.
A secretary resume summary:
- Communicates the contribution the candidate will make to a firm if hired.
- Typically a cluster of several concise and strong statements that compel the employer to read your resume and invite you in an interview.
- Entices the employer to keep reading the resume till the end by presenting the candidate in the best possible and highly relevant light.
- Provides compelling demonstrations of why an employer should hire the candidate.
Professional Summary Examples for the Secretary Resume
1. Highly dependable and diligent professional with 6+ years’ hands-on experience in office support roles. Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage complex tasks while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism. Expert in front desk and phone handling, calendar keeping, and customer query response.
2. Self-motivated individual with three years of experience as a secretary. Customer service-oriented problem solver with demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations. A proven team player who is attentive to details and produces high-quality results. Expertise includes; handling correspondence, answering phone calls, directing visitors, and managing front desk operations.
3. Dynamic and responsible office secretary with a strong competency in coordinating office activities, scheduling appointments, and keeping the executive’s calendar. Computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills. Areas of expertise include:
✓ Adept at taking instructions and following the same
✓ Instrumental in making booking and travel arrangements
✓ Expert in drafting letters and PowerPoint presentation
4. Dynamic and proactive Secretary with demonstrated ability to anticipate and cater to executive office support needs. Competent in providing administrative and organizational support while serving as a liaison among management, employees, and clients. Proficient in database handling, appointment scheduling, and general office management.
5. An outgoing and energetic individual with a positive can-do attitude towards work. Full command overall secretarial and administrative tasks. Proven ability to work under stress while meeting strict deadlines. Core competencies include:
✓ Well-versed in processing bills and invoices
✓ Adept at file keeping and retrieval
✓ Successful record of organizing meetings and conferences