A professional or profile summary is an integral part of a resume for a secretary position.
The summary section generally comes on the top of the resume after the candidate’s contact details.
This section is critical because employers often decide whether or not they will read the whole document based on the impression the summary creates.
A secretary resume summary:
- Attracts the recruiter to read your resume in detail and invite you in an interview.
- Presents your candidature in the best possible way.
- Provides a compelling reason of why an employer should hire the candidate.
Here are 5 good examples of summary statements that you can use in your resume.
Professional Summary Examples for the Secretary Resume
1. Highly dependable and diligent secretary with 6+ years of hands-on experience in office support roles. Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage complex tasks while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism. Expert in front desk and phone handling, calendar keeping, and customer query response.
2. Self-motivated individual with three years of experience as a secretary. Customer service-oriented with demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations. A proven team player who is attentive to details and produces high-quality results. Proficient in handling correspondence, answering phone calls, directing visitors, and managing front desk operations.
3. Dynamic and responsible secretary with strong competencies in coordinating office activities, scheduling appointments, and keeping the executive’s calendar. Computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills. Areas of expertise include:
✓ Adept at taking instructions and following the same.
✓ Instrumental in making booking and travel arrangements.
✓ Expert in drafting letters and PowerPoint presentations.
4. Dynamic and proactive Secretary with the ability to anticipate and cater to executive office support needs. Competent in providing administrative and organizational support while serving as a liaison among management, employees, and clients. Proficient in database handling, appointment scheduling, and general office management.
5. An outgoing and energetic individual with a positive can-do attitude towards work. Full command of overall secretarial and administrative tasks. Proven ability to work under stress while meeting strict deadlines. Core competencies include:
✓ Well-versed in processing bills and invoices
✓ Adept at file keeping and retrieval
✓ Successful record of organizing meetings and conferences