A professional or profile summary is an integral part of a resume for secretary position. The summary section generally appears on the top of resume after the candidate’s contact details. This section is very important since employers often decide whether or not they will read the whole document based on the impression the summary creates. A successful professional summary focuses the reader’s attention on the most important qualities, achievements and abilities you bring to the position.
Below are some features that make a summary effective:
• An effective professional summary communicates the contribution the candidate will be making to a firm if hired.
• An impressive summary is typically a cluster of several concise and strong statements that compel the employer to read your resume and give you an interview call.
• A good summary entices the employer to keep reading the resume till the end by presenting the candidate in best possible and highly relevant light.
• A strong summary provides compelling demonstrations of why an employer should hire the candidate.
Below are some examples of good professional summaries suitable for a secretary position.
• Highly dependable and industrious professional with 6+ years’ hands-on experience in office support roles. Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage complex tasks while maintaining highest standards of professionalism. Expert in front desk and PABX handling, calendar keeping and customer query response.
• Self motivated individual with 3 years of experience as a secretary. Customer oriented problem solver with demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations. A proven team player who is attentive to details and produces high quality results. Expertises include; handling correspondence, answering phone calls, directing visitors and managing front desk operations.
• Dynamic and responsible office secretary with a strong competency in coordinating office activities, scheduling appointments and keeping the executive’s calendar. Computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills. Areas of expertise include:
o Adept at taking instructions and following the same
o Instrumental in making booking and travel arrangements
o Expert in drafting letters and power point presentation
• Dynamic and proactive Secretary with demonstrated ability to anticipate and cater for executive office support needs. Competent in providing administrative and organizational support while serving as liaison among management, employees and clients. Proficient in database handling, appointment scheduling and general office management.
• Outgoing and energetic individual with a positive can-do attitude towards work. Full command over all secretarial and administrative tasks. Proven ability to work under stress while meeting strict deadlines. Core competencies include:
o Well-versed in processing bills and invoices
o Adept at file keeping and retrieval
o Success record of organizing meetings and conferences
Last updated on