How to Write a Resume for Entry-Level Correctional Officer With No Experience in Hand?
Before writing an entry-level resume for a correctional officer position, read the correctional officer job description in detail.
After reading the job description, mention the qualifications and knowledge in your resume that closely relates to the needs of the employer.
Any volunteer or internship experience must be mentioned in your resume, even if it is irrelevant. Mentioning volunteer work might help the reader in building a connection between your transferable skills and the job at hand.
There are many resume templates available on the internet; however, opting for a generic resume template is not advisable.
Related: Correctional Officer Cover Letter No Experience
Here is the best example to get ideas from:
Correctional Officer No Experience Resume Sample
431 Roselyn Ave, Thornton, PA 76293
A passionate and sincere individual with exceptional civic sense eager to work as a correctional officer with the Thornton Correctional Department to help make inmates good citizens.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• In-depth knowledge of the criminal law applicable in correctional facilities.
• Assertive personality with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Adept at taking, understanding, and following instructions effectively.
• Great attention to detail with an exceptional vigilant approach and analytical thinking.
• Able to provide security during various activities involving public dealing and checking or responding to threats.
• Functional knowledge of all federal laws about correctional role applicable within the state.
Associates degree in Criminal Justice
THE LAW SCHOOL, Thornton, PA – 2021
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
✓ Supervising inmates
✓ Traffic screening
✓ Inmate counting
✓ Periodic patrols
✓ Maintaining control
✓ Tension observation
✓ Inmates security
✓ Discipline implementation
✓ Instructing inmates
✓ Control Room operations
✓ Record Maintenance
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE
PEACE OLD HOME, Thornton, PA
Jun 2020 – Sep 2020
• Accompanied the elderly residents to their hospital visits
• Assisted in feeding the residents
• Spent time with the residents and involved them in social activities available at the facility
• Multilingual: Fluent in French, Spanish, and English
• Exposure to various cultures; noteworthy cultural sensitivity
• Current Driver’s License Holder
• FDLE certified
i want to ask this, can i able to be taken by correction or prison if i just have experience in military? i been working as a military police for more than six years and at our base we had custody where we had inmate who commit crime and i know a bit about the procedures, can i able to apply for correction officer vacancy
Dear Victor Bernardo:
It depends on the policies of the employer. You have to check the job description or call the employers.