It is true that successful resumes revolve around experience and accomplishments rather than qualifications. That’s why, having no experience in a field can be a scary thing, especially for beginners.
The important thing you need to understand in this regard is that it is your potential that matters, not experience. However, presenting that potential is crucial to building a correctional officer resume with no experience.
How to Write a Cover Letter for Entry-Level Correctional Officer With No Experience in Hand?
Before writing an entry-level resume for a correctional officer position, go through the job description in detail. After reading the job description, mention the required qualifications and knowledge in your resume.
Any volunteer or internship experience must be mentioned in your resume, even if it is irrelevant. Mentioning volunteer work might help the reader in building a connection between your transferable skills and the job at hand.
There are many formats of resumes available on the internet; however, opting for a generic resume template is not advisable since recruiters easily differentiate a custom made resume from a generic one.
Correctional Officer No Experience Resume Sample
431 Roselyn Ave, Thornton, PA 76293
A compassionate and sincere individual with exceptional civic sense eager to work as a correctional officer with the Thornton Correctional Department to help to make inmates a good citizen.
Associates degree in Criminal Justice
THE LAW SCHOOL, Thornton, PA – 2021
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• In-depth knowledge of the criminal law applicable in correctional facilities
• Assertive personality with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Adept at taking, understanding, and following instructions effectively
• Great attention to detail with an exceptional vigilant approach and analytical thinking
• Able to provide security during various activities involving public dealing and checking or responding to threats
• Functional knowledge of all federal laws about correctional role applicable within the state
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
✓ Supervising inmates
✓ Traffic screening
✓ Inmate counting
✓ Periodic patrols
✓ Maintaining control
✓ Tension observation
✓ Inmates security
✓ Discipline implementation
✓ Instructing inmates
✓ Control Room operations
✓ Record Maintenance
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE
PEACE OLD HOME, Thornton, PA
Jun 2020 – Sep 2020
• Accompanied the elderly residents to their hospital visits
• Assisted in feeding the residents
• Spent time with the residents and involved them in social activities available at the facility
• Multilingual: Fluent in French, Spanish, and English
• Exposure to various cultures; noteworthy cultural sensitivity
• Current Driver’s License Holder
• FDLE certified