Journalism is a fascinating field. And if you are an aspiring journalist, you will need to make your resume talk about your inherent interest in the work.
As an entry level candidate for journalism position, your resume should highlight what your abilities are, and how you intend to use them to benefit a company.
A journalist resume no experience should essentially talk about the individual’s ability to write and assemble new stories, which will interest the audiences.
Knowledge of press releases and the ability to research articles is important to emphasize in your resume.
If this is the job that you are applying for, you can take ideas from the following resume sample for a journalist with no experience:
See also: Journalism Cover Letter Sample
Journalism Resume No Experience
4566 Brook Street, Memphis, TN 46703
An aspiring journalist with an exceptional interest in contributing to the publication of timely and accurate news. Effectively able to conduct research in order to uncover interesting and significant news. Well-versed in gathering, corroborating, and interpreting important data.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism
Tennessee State University, Memphis, TN – 2018
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Awarded the best on-campus journalist, owing to exceptional contribution to the university magazine.
• Honored for investigating a fraudulent activity transpiring in the university office, and unearthing it in time.
• Head of the university magazine.
• Represented the university in an international article writing competition, held in New York City.
• Remained on top of the Dean’s list for 3 years, due to exceptional academic success.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Breaking News Assistance
The Bee, Memphis, TN | Summer 2018
• Conducted research in order to develop news items.
• Gathered information on specific events.
• Interviewed key persons, such as witnesses, and sources.
• Investigated leads and tips.
• Maintained notes and recordings.
• Built contacts in order to maintain a flow of news.
• Created and uploaded content onto media such as newspapers and social networks.
• Wrote and researched accurate stories.
• Created press releases.
• Performed proofreading tasks.
English, French, Spanish, and German
• Involved in the 3 university clubs, including writing, football, and drama.
• Head of the university drama club, leading many plays and narrations.